Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Attack of the rabid Acai adds

MisterStone

Arcane
At the moment I am writing this: every single time I refresh, change or open up a new window on or to this site, a popup Acaid add appears. Simply changing over from a gen discussion topic to this forum and making this post has left me with at least five of the bastard popups in my tray. I always wanted to do right by the codex and not adblock you guys, even click on a banner ad every now and then. But this is apeshit crazy!

Presumably this is a glitch that will go away soon?

*insert smarmy joke about the new shit here* + :smug:

*edited for comprehension*

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It'll go away as soon as you enable cookies, since that's what stores the timing, which is set to one pop every 12 hours IIRC.

MisterStone

Arcane
I'm running firefox and it is happening on two different machines from my IP, so I am inclined to think either the advertiser is fuck up man, or there is a glitch with the rpgcodex site itself.

*edit* also cookies enabled

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Unless it's happening to everyone else as well, the problem is on your end... I see those ads too and they behave like they should. So the only sensible explanation is some interference by maybe one of the scripts you're using or some cookie blocking.

MisterStone

Arcane
There are two computers that use the same cablemodem/wireless gateway to access the Internet. They are not directly connected to one another and neither one of them has any anti-popup/anti-script/cookie blocking stuff running on them. I didn't systematically change settings on both machines in the same way recently that would cause them to both sudenly start behaving wierdly at the same time. So I am wondering if it has to do with my wireless gateway, or with the advertiser as it works on my IP domain or sth.

saenz

Scholar
FYI the default MSIE popup blocker is stopping the ad everytime I refresh. Creating an ad blocked by default on MSIE does not seem like a reliable means to generate ad revenue.

MisterStone

Arcane
Dammit, can someone else who logs on via Seattle Comcast confirm that this shit is fucked up? I forget who else is in Seattle?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
No, MisterStone is right. Popups are appearing now with every single refresh.

FIX IT

Edit: Well, either you fixed it, or it fixed itself.

ElectricOtter

Dammit, it's happening to me too. Fortunately, I have Firefox :smug:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Opera here, it doesn't even ask me to block pop-ups, it' just blocks them. Good dog.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's back again, and I'm on a different PC with a different IP. :?

Edit: k, now it's gone again. Seems like it takes around twenty or thirty refreshes before it quits? Pretty strange.

Murk

Arcane
Every time I click to go to a thread or go back to a page or something firefox blocks a popup from tribalfusion -- so i guess i'm in the same boat.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Someone post a screenshot of this popup... I'm not sure it's the same one as I see.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
X09.jpg

USE FIRFOX YOU DUMBFUCK
:salivate:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We get it, you're awesomely cool for blocking ads and making sure that we get fewer pennies to pay the server bills with! Now can you move along unless you actually have something constructive to add to the thread beyond "hur hur, you shuld liek block all adz!!!111oneone"?

This might come as a shock to you, but some people actually let the ads load because they understand that ad revenue is the only thing that helps us pay the bills every month. It's not a very difficult concept to grasp, but I'm more than happy to provide further explanations for the really dumb. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom