Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zoneling

1. Zoneling

KickStarter The Age of Decadence German Translation (Deutsche Übersetzung)

I kind of agree, but the messages in this game aren't really that of a narrator, I think of it as the avatar addressing the player in a sense. Either way, I think it's best if we just stick to what we have now.
  2. Zoneling

Alright, the poll is fucking pointless then lmao. It's gonna be du, gotcha. Sorry for the confusion with this, I believe this happened due to someone correcting a Kaisermark message to "Ihr" and that got me confused. Ty for correcting my fuckups as always lads.
  3. Zoneling

The problem with the "50 Kaisermark erhalten" solution is that it won't work with sentences like "Feng counts 50 imperials and gives them to you" and others like it, and since we need to be consistent, I don't think making exceptions and stuff is a good idea. In that case the Ich thing doesn't...
  4. Zoneling

Also, while we're at it, is it going to be "Du hast...", "Ihr hat...", "Sie hat...", etc., for system messages like, "You got 50 imperials"? Right now we're rolling with "Du". We could even do a complete 180 and do it in first person, making it "I got 50 imperials" i.e., "Ich habe 50...
  5. Zoneling

What about the work for Lore itself? Historie? Sage?
  6. Zoneling

This is list is greatly appreciated, thank you. Still not sure about the Germanized Commercium...
  7. Zoneling

Hmm... I am just going to have to be honest here, I really just disagree. AoD is a post-apocalyptic game with occult themes in my opinion. There is very little "magic", not anything that the player can execute anyways, and most of the magical stuff is attributed to brilliant futuristic science...
  8. Zoneling

So you mean you prefer it for nostalgic reasons? I'm a bit confused by what you mean when you say "bookish".
  9. Zoneling

Oh yeah I noticed this a long time ago, no worries. Luckily the original quotes above the = mark have the quotations marked clearly so it's easy to keep track of.
  10. Zoneling

Hey VentilatorOfDoom, this translation looks a bit off to me: @36 Loremaster After spending weeks and sometimes months on the road... = Nachdem sie Wochen, manchmal Monate, auf der Straße zugebracht hatten... Shouldn't it be something like "Nachdem sie Wochen, manchmal Monate, unterwegs...
  11. Zoneling

I'll wait untill the end of the day and then correct all mentions of loremaster to the correct term.
  12. Zoneling

Ok, before we go any further, lets get this loremaster shit over with. It seems to be a question of taste, so let's just leave it to a poll, no? https://strawpoll.com/wdc5y918
  13. Zoneling

Good point. It might be best to stick to Gelehrter even if it isn't entirely correct. I guess the previous statement about Loremasters being quite different in what they do is correct also, I might have generalised a bit too much there. I'll leave it up to the germanbros to decide on the word...
  14. Zoneling

Which is why it is open to be commented on! Your criticism is highly valuable, and if you can point out exactly which parts you would like changed (and even better, to what) then please do so :D. This is a long process and making sure it sounds natural is one of the hardest part of translating...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom