Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zetor

1. Zetor

This is why I think EQ had far better magic combat than any other game.

You're really underselling WOW here, at least for vanilla and BC. For one thing, WOW polymorph and other mez-type CC (sap, blind, seduction, shackle, hunter trap and wyvern sting) broke instantly on damage, and all cc had a per-tick chance to break automatically based on resists (your warlock...
  2. Zetor

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

The only objective way to measure the success of Classic WoW will be the number of low-res pvp crit videos with 2000s nu-metal soundtracks. Bonus points for default Windows Movie Maker scrolltext, using voice clips from Mortal Kombat or UT, and clicking on ability buttons. Exhibit A of a...
  3. Zetor

Clicker Heroes 2 abandons free-to-play and real-money shop for "ethical" and game design reasons

Not sure if anyone heard about the OG 'clicker game' (wtf even is this subgenre) worth talking about (Make Number Go Up), but the sequel was released a month ago. Succubox! The core 'gameplay' revolves around buying / opening lootboxes and exponential MMO grinding. It's not quite Frog...
  4. Zetor

Speaking of pvp, both priests and warlocks are fucking terrible in vanilla and BC if you play alliance. glhf trying to fear, MC or seduce (succubus) the eleventy billion undead rogues who can pop a break and 5-second (20-second before 1.6, lol) immunity every 2 minutes! Especially fun before the...
  5. Zetor

Funny thing about dungeon finder, the first (crappy) implementation of meeting stones in 1.3 autofilled groups for dungeon_x. Then in 1.5 it was added to innkeepers, meaning you could just queue from Org / IF for any dungeon without the need to socialize or anything -- the only thing it didn't...
  6. Zetor

MASSIVE drama on Elysium WoW server - corruption and staff revolt

The entire pserver scene just looks like a hive of scum&villainy, even for post-vanilla expansions that have some clear 'best' options (vanilla emulation post-Nost is a total shitshow). Then there's the playerbase, mostly composed of freeloading edgelords with a few P2W whales sprinkled in there...
  7. Zetor

Haven't you heard about the 'whale' phenomenon in microtrans games / cash shops? Relatively well-to-do people with decent disposable income (or people REALLY BAD at money management) blow way more money than that on cosmetic shit in games. Just look at the Star Citizen thread over yonder if you...
  8. Zetor

I wonder how profitable running private WOW servers can be. I seem to remember a lot of drama about Molten/Warmane, did anyone ever look into their finances?
  9. Zetor

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Sure, but if you mean Ion Hazzikostas, I'm like 95% sure he's Gurgthock, the GM of Elitist Jerks on the Mal'ganis server and one of the OG Scarab Lords in vanilla. That doesn't necessarily mean he's any good at design, but at least the origin story matches up!
  10. Zetor

IIRC, WOW design (back in vanilla) was spearheaded by Tigole / Furor whose only MMO-related experience up to that point was leading Everquest uberguilds, including one where Rob Pardo played...
  11. Zetor

For all the shit I gave MOP earlier, they got that part right with challenge modes, brawler's guild and even proving grounds if you were pushing titles or records. also, prenerf LFR Garalon whaaaaat
  12. Zetor

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

They're claiming it's going to be a content-focused expansion -- and it's also going to take place in Elona, so GW1 Nightfall comparisons are inevitable. ... i.e. Koss better come back, or ELSE. /angryface
  13. Zetor

The Secret World

Regardless of whether funcom is DOOMED or not, is there anything to the Whispering Tide event other than zerging a HP-bloated bird each day for ~15 minutes to get some cosmetic items? I mean, it's reasonably fun to do so once, but not sure I want to keep doing it every day...
  14. Zetor

For challenging solo content, there's the solo mage tower scenario thing they added in the broken shore (different for healing/dps/tank too), though you need ilevel 890/900 to have a decent shot at it. Other than that, there's brawler's guild and proving grounds, but technically both of those...
  15. Zetor

The AP from chests is crap anyway, isn't it like a base 20-35 AP item most of the time? Yeah, it scales with AK, but it's nothing compared to a single world quest at max level. Or just run a mythic dungeon, the talismans that drop from bosses are base 200 AP, that's like 20+ chests per run...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom