Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zeriel

1. Zeriel

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

I think that's actually a type of music that is inherent to gaming. Or at least was back in the glory days of gaming in the 90s and early 2000's; melody-focused to be catchy, but not so much so that it overrides the gameplay itself and distracts you. Some games could be way more distracting...
  2. Zeriel

Game News Geneforge 2 - Infestation Released

Just so gosh darned OLD. You whipper snappers wouldn't understand... Meanwhile, I look around myself and see 60 year olds doing hard labor 10 hours a day for their job. Goddamn, Vogel really turned into a jackass.
  3. Zeriel

Hellgate: Redemption (Bill Roper/Lunacy Games) announced

As I recall the gameplay wasn't bad and somewhat unique for the time, it sort of prefigured looter-shooters, but... it was horribly balanced and a buggy mess. It definitely had potential and if you had told me a year after it went down in flames that a competent studio with the same guys was...
  4. Zeriel

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Yeah, but my point is that's a vast exaggeration. You can league start with the final build you want to play. That's what I do every league. Is it slower in terms of making money than a meta build? Maybe, but who cares? Most people are not going to be equipped to use that league starter...
  5. Zeriel

I mean some of those builds in the list are viewed by the chart itself as bad. So it's kind of weird to include them at all I guess? "These are bad and you should feel bad for running them... but the other 200 skill gems not mentioned don't even exist." I dunno, I think people just get way too...
  6. Zeriel

Things like that chart make me realize I'm playing a completely different game from metaboys.
  7. Zeriel

It was just pure RNG. Like Affliction boss. Someone who is blessed by RNG will not understand what the problem was; whereas it's technically possible for a single person to run an RNG content like that forever and never see it. Could always buy it, I guess... but I hate that kind of thing. It...
  8. Zeriel

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

That wasn't something WOTC had to do. You're just scapegoating. It started with DIV:OS 2. They hired a bunch of game journos and dangerhair writers, the infiltration started before WOTC was ever on the horizon.
  9. Zeriel

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Neverwinter Nights – Tyrants of the Moonsea

I'm not saying it isn't an effort. But I'm pointing out that companies are ALREADY making the effort, building the tools, then specifically sabotaging them to avoid what developers in the 90s and early 00's considered a good thing: allowing easy user-created content that competes with what the...
  10. Zeriel

Yeah I'm probably one of the few people who does I guess? Sometimes I turn off music when I want to listen to my own, but I always have sound enabled. I find it helps a lot with gameplay. Admittedly if you are playing projectile builds that destroy 3 screens away it's just noise.
  11. Zeriel

Yeah, it's dispiriting to have your favorite skill and class never get anything. But I'm so beaten down and used to it by now it barely registers. Heh, I did notice they felt the need to buff the crit chance version of blade flurry with 10% more crit. Have to admit I still don't see the appeal...
  12. Zeriel

Lol fuck these niggers I swear to god. I mean I guess it's great that they added a "never miss the Trialmaster" scarab, but why do that shit AFTER you have that challenge? Why not just do that in the first place? Sometimes I swear they just enjoy watching people suffer. Israfael Yeah, I'm not...
  13. Zeriel

Honestly I don't think rogue exile nodes are bad... just have a lot of competition for atlas points. The best combinations use up a lot of pts for pretty strong benefits--extra jewels/density is nice, but is it 2 warhoards a map nice? Or 7 divine temple trades? Etc. Yeah, agreed on SSF. I didn't...
  14. Zeriel

Is Anarchy just rogue exiles as indicated by the name? That's nothing new really. I guess it's nice for those who want (more) of them, but if you specced into them on the tree they vomited out in maps already. Oh, and adding density without speccing into them for that kind of mapping strat.
  15. Zeriel

Bandits are basically a legacy thing. They haven't done anything like that since Act 2... which is ancient history in terms of the development of the game, literally a decade ago. Stuff like Highgate is utterly pointless--it has no effect whatsoever except a single throwaway dialogue line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom