Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zboj Lamignat

1. Zboj Lamignat

Songs of Conquest - HOMM2-inspired turn-based strategy adventure game - now on Early Access

Just a couple more years and this Fanstratics clone will shine like the jewel that it is. I guess all the sweet bucks they made from this allowed them to give the game away for peanuts so that it will reach even more audience.
  2. Zboj Lamignat

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

He's using LLM, you're using autism. You're not the same.
  3. Zboj Lamignat

New Silent Hill Announced

You guys read like those people who act two-soyjaks-and-veggie-nuggets.jpg over ring descriptions in dork souls.
  4. Zboj Lamignat

Aside from being fabulously optimistic, I don't think they had anything to do with Outlast or Amnesia? Being good with "modern horror games" is also possibly not the metric to be looking for when it comes to reviving SH.
  5. Zboj Lamignat

Wait, somehow I've only learned just now that SH2 remake was given to some third rate potato devs. Wtf, what an utterly bizarre decision.
  6. Zboj Lamignat

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

I'm not speaking about a modern gaymer's perspective, but about the reality of what the game is versus what it imagines itself to be. It throws way too many tools at the player way too quickly. Not to mention that some of these tools should absolutely not even exist in the game in the first...
  7. Zboj Lamignat

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

There's absolutely no "experience" or "skill" needed for Prey's semblance of challenge to break and fold shortly after the tutorial area.
  8. Zboj Lamignat

Sony is buying Bungie for $3.6 billion

Just a smokescreen for Myth 4 and incline of unprecedented proportions.
  9. Zboj Lamignat

I kinda loled at that last paragraph, since the fact that you're basically fighting one enemy through the entire game (and said enemy is not interesting, cool or scary in the first place) is imo easily the outstanding flaw of bioshock.
  10. Zboj Lamignat

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

The biggest problem of these games is that they aren't like old shooters at all and their inspirations obviously lie elsewhere. "Nu-doom-like with bad visuals" seems to be a very common variant, for example. The amount of games advertised as quake-inspired is reaching critical levels, yet...
  11. Zboj Lamignat

Games you've changed your mind about

I don't think I had any spectacular 180s, but: HoMMV - russian game from the aughts plus IV's sequel, oh god... Then I tried it and saw that it's a game where bad ideas and good ideas sort of balance each other out for a mostly meh experience, but certainly not on the lol nope level. Then TotE...
  12. Zboj Lamignat

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

As always, most of those "how things work" revelations regarding Wiz8 are bs if only because, as you have mentioned, levels play a huge role. And crit builds in Wiz8 are super unreliable and always vastly outperformed by raw damage. That's why if you want it, you should go for both. Like staff...
  13. Zboj Lamignat

RTS Command Conquer in 2021

Nah, no EA account needed, you just get a pop up about accepting ea eula and that's it. I tried TS and RA2. They run perfectly fine on w10 and look nice with integer scaling. On win7 they don't launch out of the box, but with the unofficial patches everything is smooth with no need for any...
  14. Zboj Lamignat

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

"Keep your cake and eat it" design caused by modern sensibilities, later marketed as "freedom of choice". And, in the end, nothing mattered that much anyway, since the game was very easy regardless of your approach. The setting and production values were fine and ghost+no kills run was decently...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom