Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zakhal

1. We're upgrading our monitors to LCD widescreen!

Only poor people think CRT is better than LCD. Thats because they can afford only the cheapest of LCDs.
  2. Amiga, Commodore and creativity

I had amiga like 6 months before swtiching it to PC. MY last amiga game was UMS2. It took 30min of waiting to play 5min turn. I called to the store that sold it demanding money back and they called me sucker. Not long after that I got lucky influx of money and amiga was gone and replaced...
  3. Codex Next-gen Consoles

All but wii. I dont like mario. I bought xbox because of the long list of exclusives. PS3 slim mainly because of valkyrie chronicles, drakes fortune, wipeout HD and GT5. I still prefer PC games over them if PC version is available. My favorite console is naturally ps2. I have tons of rpgs on...
  4. For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

I have ps2 and with bought games (with my salary piracy is not needed) but thats not the problem. Problem is that the worsened picture quality on 52" HDTV. It would be much better through ps3 or pc emulator. In anycase Im sure they pc emulator is finished sooner than the sony one (if it ever...
  5. What is the single best SP TB Strategy?

Ive been looking to play that while I reread the lance books (or more like listen them). Good to hear that it has automatic resolutions. I kind a like them. There are tons but currently Im playing Dominions 3 which is pretty good as sp even. Next is fantasy wars and elven sequel which are...
  6. For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

Huh nevermind about the ps2 support. Now that I remember PC ps2 emulators latest version works pretty good and it has good scaling. Sony can lick it.
  7. For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

They never sold those models in europe. They removed the hardware support and talked about software one but that never came. Theres only perhaps two exclusives I really want on ps3. On ps2 I have tons of exclusives waiting to play but I could really use a good scaling since the games dont...
  8. For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

Im still waiting for the ps2-software emulation. Not getting it without one.
  9. You know those days when PC games were more expensive...

I would easily pay 80€ for TOEE with bigger and better campaign. TOEE's battlesystem is one of my favorites. I doubt they could keep uo the production values of TOEE with niche budget though. It could be an 80€ game that looks and sounds like Geneforge at best.
  10. You know those days when PC games were more expensive...

We still have expensive niche games i.e hardcore strategy: Cant recall any rpg games though. Mortal online physical was close to 80$ but its more like niche pvp mmo than rpg.
  11. WitP - Admiral's Edition

Ive played this for like week now. Its truly improved with all the neat details and all. And it looks great on my 52" HDTV even with the low resolution! The manual is ok but mostly useless for me since I know mostly how to play this game allready. I took only few glimpes at it before starting...
  12. Who is responsible for the Decline of the gaming indrustry?

Even then the sheep are still responsible. Market doesnt deliver what people want. It delivers what they pay for (or dont pay). Sheep vote with their wallet and deserve their dictator if thats what they vote for. They paid for diablo and suddenly there is a boom of action-rpgs (and after 10...
  13. Mechwarrior 5

In ww2 airwar pilot skill mattered more than in modern air war. That still doesnt make all modern air war sims bad because you cant dogfight raptor to death with a mig21 using just pilot skill. For me its important in mech games that machine matters also and lot. Especially how its built. Its...
  14. Mechwarrior 5

Even games like Crash Bandicoot and Mario Bros can require skill and customization but still its not the kind of skill and customization Im looking for in a mech game.
  15. Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

That looks helluwa lot better than the pixelated crap I played through 10 years ago. Great game anyways. Too bad I dont have the time to replay this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom