Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zakhad

1. Zakhad

Eternity Josh Sawyer reflects on his failures with Pillars of Eternity

The magic of the codex, where supposed RPG-fans will hate-wank so hard over Sawyer that they'll endorse sales numbers as proof of quality.
  2. Zakhad

Eternity Josh Sawyer reflects on his failures with Pillars of Eternity

I really liked POE2 (Turn-based) and I am sad that nobody bought it. Would never play POE1 again, but am playing through POE2 again right now. The turn-based mode just made me realise at last how terrible RTWP is as a system. It's a fun game and deserved better treatment.
  3. Zakhad

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #61: Patch 5.0

You also don't need to. If you're playing on harder settings, surely the fun is in the winning, not cheese; and if you're playing on easy, you don't need cheese to win.
  4. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

I would have thought my DA was high enough to avoid most crits, but there you go. Would explain why sometimes I fight him and it's fine. It's weird how little damage he takes, should only have 58% aether res but seems to take take way lower damage than that, especially after resist lowering...
  5. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

True, but quitting and then switching is a pain in the arse.
  6. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Re: the boredom of going through veteran/elite... The merits you can buy in FG mean you can treat these difficulties as a training run/devotion point harvesting run. The main thing is not unlocking ultimate, it's unlocking ALL portals on lower difficulties plus all the bonus points and bag...
  7. Zakhad

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #61: Patch 5.0

Sawyer, approving a final release:
  8. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

ahhhhhhh
  9. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

I'll be honest, I find your inventory massively triggering... why store all those components in there and not in the shared stash? I've moved on to a Sentinel for the moment, which I like a lot more so far, and is doing about 12k at level 38 with pretty good survivability (but not enough...
  10. Zakhad

KickStarter Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition - new Fallen London game from Sunless Sea devs

I do think there are limitations with the essential design that might benefit from a serious do-over, top to bottom, so that A: there is more choice in gameplay styles and B: there is more connection between core loop and story progression. The game seems to have done pretty well though, for an...
  11. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Better than the joke items in the original and the first expansion (the soiled trousers and the fart helmet). I think this was just included so people can dual-wield shields (kinda).
  12. Zakhad

KickStarter Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition - new Fallen London game from Sunless Sea devs

Yeah I'm mostly thinking of storylets... can't remember most of them OTTOMH, but you can bury your predicted death to exchange it for a different perk, you can use the past betrayal in the rite of wrongs, your link to your mentor affects your eventual meeting, and there are a bunch of times...
  13. Zakhad

They can though? There are a bunch of points where your choices at level up affect your choices in story events, just as your actions in the game affect your possible choices on level-up. Not usually in huge ways, but reasonably often in my experience. It could certainly be greater, where level...
  14. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

More generally: has anyone found an oathkeeper build that is fun to level/fun to play/survivable? The Warlord I tried to put together was insanely weak after playing an AAR arcanist build and a shaman/inquisitor two-hander ranged build as my most recent characters. The S/I jumped up to elite and...
  15. Zakhad

KickStarter Grim Dawn

I agree that Port Valbury is not that much fun. I like the Ancient Grove, though... It sounds like your resistances aren't that good (which is pretty common for a first character, especially if you haven't farmed bounties to get augments and are below level 70 when the armour augments become...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom