Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by xxxCatholicKillahxxx

1. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Gleaner Heights: A mystery farming sim

That is one way to put it but I find it is almost wasted if used as character naming screen music.
  2. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Gleaner Heights: A mystery farming sim

I do not mean to offend you but that character naming screen track is simply too great for a character naming screen. Also Hunting Grounds would benefit from being played in a more dim setting, sun setting over the forest or dusk perhaps. Edit. All tracks sound good though.
  3. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Blood Bowl 2

There are times when staying faithful to the source material can be harmful. Following GW's past designs of Amazons or their old female miniature design in general is one of them.
  4. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

I'm genuinely amazed it's easier to miss Elder Scrolls games than to replay them

Bought it during a Steam sale, never finished it. On every occasion the game is brought up I repeat a mantra: 'That Nehrim play through made it worth the money spent.' At the very least I'm not lying to myself about something important.
  5. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Random JRPG News Thread

'Refreshing experience' is a blatant lie. All of those have been done before. (Cannons and bullets, Peach spin-off[s?] and jabs at the franchise in many games of the series both subtle and not so subtle) I hope this isn't good enough to be a system seller for me. Are these raving rabbits...
  6. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

That skeleton requires a flamboyant hat though.
  7. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Desire to be edgy rising.
  8. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Would you be interest in a new Top RPGs poll? (READ THE OP)

Everyone interested could simply keep a list up to date on their profile page. Likewise those keen on knowing what a certain collective enjoys or not can make a 'poll' of their own by going through said profile pages.
  9. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Bethesda General Discussion Thread

Zenimax is after the western Harvest Moon audience with one of their next reveals/releases.
  10. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Wargames have had multiple kinds of initiative systems for ages. Ranging from the one you describe( I-Go, You-Go), to alternative activation by dice and cards and to activation determined by the unit's stats. The last one is more suitable for small scale games obviously where the players have...
  11. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

I can relate to people wanting a two action point system but I cannot understand why they would want it. What I find to be the time unit based system's biggest drawback is book-keeping, excessive book-keeping which is nullified by the fact that it is a computer and not a tabletop wargame. Does...
  12. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Instantly associated this with Harryhousen. Thank you for posting it, it is beyond awesome.
  13. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Major indeed. How much will a history of your game's setting written to such an extent feature in the gameplay itself? Is it mostly written for writings sake and to the possible and probable amusement of players or will it benefit the player and/or their character, characters?
  14. xxxCatholicKillahxxx

Games you like from genres you hate

Hate is such a strong word. Can't enjoy everything, everything is not for everyone and other platitudes. Mario Karts up to Doudle Dash, Diddy Kong Racing and Extreme-G. Soldiers of Fortune, S.T.A.L.K.E.R ,E.Y.E. and N64 era shooters such as Perfect Dark and Turoks. The Smash Brothers series...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom