Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Wizfall

1. Wizfall

Broken Sword - Parzival's Stone

I like much better 2D but those 3D grahics are ok. The main issue will be the quality of everything else : "atmosphere", dialogue and scenario in this order. BS 5 was very average and quite a deception despite quite good graphics, the game simply did not grab me. But still happy by the news as...
  2. Wizfall

Game News THQ Nordic Showcase 2022: Gothic Remake and Jagged Alliance 3

Too bad JA3 camera (not fixed angles, too zoom in) and maps (too small, no sense of distance) looks awful to me because otherwise it looks very good. They get the JA vibes/humor very right IMO.
  3. Wizfall

Help me find me the name of an old Atari ST game

Thanks a lot it's the one ! Artstyle still almost as good as i remember, not sure if i will try to play it or just watch a utube walkthrough.
  4. Wizfall

Help me find me the name of an old Atari ST game

I would gladly welcome some help to find an old adventure ST game's name. It should be easy with internet but i could not despite some meaningful efforts. It is even more surprising because as i remind it the game was high value in term of graphics so i don't think it was a minor title. So maybe...
  5. Wizfall

Wizardry .

Wiz 6 -7 and 8 have their charms indeed. But problems with Wiz 6 and 7 is the character system. Very exiting and fun at first but totally broken which make it uninteresting : - class switching is a massively overpowered, easy and unlimited so everybody can do everything. - you will max some...
  6. Wizfall

Tex Murphy The Pandora Directive 25th Anniversary remaster

I was quite pessimistic about the remaster as i feared the "blurriness" of the game may be usefull to hide the imperfection of the set and a too clean look would show the imperfections. I'm still not totally convinced but so far it looks very good. Gotta say in term of atmosphere Tex Murphy...
  7. Wizfall

Game News Colony Ship Early Access Update: New Location - Mission Control

Looks really amazing but except for the combat mechanics and rpg system i don't want to read too much about it.
  8. Wizfall

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Eventually after watching one more time the trailer and the combat screenshot here I'm more optimistic. Seems to have some of the same important combat mechanics than JA2 : same action point system and not the nXcom one, same aiming option (localization, burst mode), same ammo system However...
  9. Wizfall

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Wow...yes far from the first "sequel" but it the first time they dare to name it JAG 3 I like the cinematic, not perfect (in my mind Ivan is more beeffy among other things) but it's funny got the spirit right (Fidel is awesome voice included). The gameplay on the other hand seems very weak...
  10. Wizfall

Development Info Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Dev Diary #2 - Turning 360°

Horrible idea, a lot more work to do for the design team and for us (we will have to adjust it constantly now and will be mandatory by design to see everything/play as intended). Yea i hate 360° camera.
  11. Wizfall

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

I liked W2 a lot, solid character system (despite skills redundancy but hard task with a 7 characters party) ,enjoyable combat, good/writing (even if a bit too wacky for my taste). But this "rotating" camera is truly exhausting, a few time i kinda though i get somewhat use to it but each time i...
  12. Wizfall

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Surprising Vàvra likes W3, i remember him saying many years ago turn based isometric games were archaic game design and "we" should move on from to embrace a more FPS/simulation first person approach.
  13. Wizfall

Incline Jagged Alliance 2 Help

While i will absolutely not recommend to install 1.13 (Straciatella is the way to go, almost mandatory even) for a first playthrough, it adds a lot things like moving sideways weapon raised so you take corners facing the right side and avoid being interrupted (most time...). You can also open...
  14. Wizfall

Beyond a Steel Sky - sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky from Revolution Software

Understandable, i'm big fan of both Broken Sword series (3 and 4 included) and the original Beneath a Steel Sky. BS 5 despite a welcome return to 2D graphics was very disappointing, can't say it was awful but it had none of the "atmosphere/magic" of the others. I found Beneath 2 a much better...
  15. Wizfall

Game News Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Backer Beta Released

Looks good, happy to see a new "ie" game ! Just hope it will have better dialogue/writting than in PoE (and in some extent more interesting aera to visit) as i love those games otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom