Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Winslow

1. Winslow

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

They're essentially just going to sell the current deluxe edition as the new standard and continue with the same business model that they established at release, which is exactly what the majority of the people still actively playing it expected. Rebranding is just there to possibly attract...
  2. Winslow

Grimoire Class Discussion/Beginner's Tips

Cleve also claims magic skills should increase with use even though it's evidently not the case. There's probably some logarithmic function to it which he forgot to tune properly, going by how he handled the music skill gain change.
  3. Winslow

I'm pretty sure it's physical for all classes. I only know of one case of category confusion with berserkers having Ancient History as a physical skill while every other class (edit. or just sage) with access to it seems to have it as mental. There's probably some threshold for a minimum level...
  4. Winslow

It goes up every time it triggers. Thus it goes up faster the higher it gets.
  5. Winslow

My metalsmith is getting criticals just fine with Caliburnus. With a non-lethal weapon it never happens, just as it never happens with a lethal weapon on my warrior who obviously has no lethalblow.
  6. Winslow

Critical strikes only seem to trigger when you have both lethalblow skill and are using a *lethal* weapon, metalsmiths start with a hammer and none of the blunt weapons seem to have *lethal* tags.
  7. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

Looting related crash seems to be finally fixed in 1.2.0.22 although it's not mentioned in the patch notes.
  8. Winslow

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

I think it's supposed to be for invoking fireballs, but the charges seem to be messed up on melee weapons in general. It also happens with necrostaff.
  9. Winslow

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

It is, at least for thaumaturges and rangers. Warriors get wizard spells later on.
  10. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

Some human enemies seem to drop random low tier weapons, but really since keys seem to be dropping all over the place the only sure way to avoid the crash is to make sure to keep your finger off the Enter key at the end of every combat encounter when the final killing blow is happening.
  11. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

It just means your playstyle isn't mondblutian enough. You can experience the crash yourself by grinding enough random encounters and making sure to hold enter to speed up as you're about to win, and it happens with all random loot, not just keys.
  12. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

The key crash never really left, and you can avoid it by making sure to never hold enter when you're about to finish a battle.
  13. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

There are plenty of swords with *lethal* tag available later but they're rare in the beginning. Only the blunt weapons seem to be generally a poor choice for it.
  14. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

While Cleve claims that critical strikes can occur from either using a weapon with *lethal* tag OR having the Lethalblow skill, in my experience you need both on the same character to ever have it happen.
  15. Winslow

Grimoire Thread

They deal the same damage but groups at superhero can have up to 5 times the amount of enemies as they do on rookie, so 5 times the chances for hitting you. Some monsters always come as single unit though and they're exactly the same on both difficulties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom