Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Vulcris

1. Game News The Age of Decadence Released

I prefer it that way too. I stopped playing Dragon Age right at the moment of the duel with Loghain when I realised that it was impossible to beat him in what is supposed to be a fair fight (at least with a shield and board fighter on hard) without healing potions. How ridiculous is a combat...
  2. KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Since we're talking about some other games kickstarters , the Conan boardgame also seems to make quite a lot of money. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan
  3. JRPGs more appealing to the western eyez...

I haven't seen Parasite Eve mentionned. The second one is more Resident Evil like but I always took the first one as a rpg with even a pause to imput your attack commands for those who have reflexes as slow as mine
  4. Tales of Illyria Series for Android

For those interested, the two games are 80% off on googleplay. Just bought them.
  5. Company News Obsidian working on a Pathfinder game - could be an Eternity CRPG + card game

How I would love that ;). Ars Magica seems to have everithing Sawyer likes setting like (an historical setting with low fantasy). Of course there is poor balance between characters type since mages are the focus of the game, hence the name of the game, but a single sword hit can still kill a...
  6. KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Yeah, that's also like I've always seen Might and Magic III, IV, V and even X. The tile based movement, the loot, the return to town between two dungeons, I've always seen these game as an open dungeon board game. That's why I was surprised by the complaints about the movement in Legacy, it's...
  7. The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

Well it seems like Deadelic doesn't sit well with Mr Walker's crusade since his review of Goodbye Deponia here
  8. Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Expeditions : Pirates with naval battles and sea monsters as bosses :oops:
  9. Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Why not make Charisma somehow the opposite of what you propose for awareness? instead of having an increased priority in the combat round, the one attacking a guy with a high Charisma would have a decreased priority in the combat round (something like : man, it doesn't seems like a good idea to...
  10. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

For a week, Games of throne Special Edition http://store.steampowered.com/app/208730/?snr=1_7_15__13 -75% at 7.49 € Orcs and Men http://store.steampowered.com/app/216910/?snr=1_7_15__13 -75% at 7.49 €
  11. Information Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Available for Preorder on Steam

How can a game with so little budget, wich aim a very little niche for 20 bucks can be a cash grab?
  12. Ability Scores Generation

I also prefer point buy over dice rolls for the raisons you stated (well except that I don't mind passing half a hour to create some characterd ;) )
  13. Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

I just re-read the passage and you're right. I was a little to hurried to post the translation ;)
  14. Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

It's not noted in the preview, just a deduction from me after reading all the previous contradictive previews written by next gen journalists. And I don't see the need to diferenciate towns from villages in that preview if they use the same systems in the game.
  15. Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Indeed ;) . Also mine is not googled but at the same time my english is far from perfect :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom