Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Van-d-all

1. Van-d-all

KickStarter Homeworld 3 from Blackbird Interactive - coming May 13th

Played the demo and personally I think it's a disaster. Essentially the only obvious single-player element the demo has is a 20 minute long tutorial ON BASIC CONTROLS. There are two control schemes, the old one and the new one they are trying to push. Every simple thing like zooming, panning...
  2. Van-d-all

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

I was genuinely curious how will Bethesda react to an obvious troll award, but it seems that just playing stupid and accepting this as genuine wasn't below their dignity. Shame some codexer's didn't get the point, oh well.
  3. Van-d-all

Poe's Law at work.
  4. Van-d-all

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

This is really odd. I had a ragdoll glitch over five squares away in final Factory stealth mission, but the body was still lootable only from the square he was killed - explicitly saying it's out of reach when standing on the tile with the body, so it actually seemed that the ragdolls are just...
  5. Van-d-all

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Released

Pretty obvious they pushed it out of the door early to get some xmas sales. Sad, given Owlcat's already bad rep with bugs.
  6. Van-d-all

Game News Dragon Age: Dreadwolf will finally be "fully revealed" in summer 2024

At this point the only question is which will flop harder - this or Bloodlines 2.
  7. Van-d-all

Game News PC Gaming Show: Most Wanted 2023 - Unforetold: Witchstone, MENACE, Bloodlines 2

Clever to include Menace trailer among the other trash.
  8. Van-d-all

Those interactive chokepoints just like jump/fly in D:OS/BG3 are a poor attempt to simulate exploration by breaking pathfinding - you can see a place but can't reach it just by clicking - forcing manual movement. Has nothing to do with load times, since the map is already loaded as a whole...
  9. Van-d-all

Yeah, that does seem to be the issue here.
  10. Van-d-all

It's a very good game but not better than AoD. Haven't finished it yet (still in Habitat), but I've already dumped over 70h into it checking builds and playthroughs. AoD had those several interlocking quest lines happening at the same time, with player character becoming part of them at...
  11. Van-d-all

The Game Awards 2023 - December 7th

Tell that to nuXcom. 3/4 of turn-based combat in games released since, use the retarded 2AP system.
  12. Van-d-all

The Invincible - first-person retro future sci-fi thriller based on Stanislaw Lem

Finished it yesterday. 6h. Sadly I think it's rather meh, and I actually like walking sims (finished most popular ones). It's pretty much Firewatch in space - walk around, talk through radio, read some lore. There are driving sections but they barely differ from walking. The story is virtually...
  13. Van-d-all

Squadron 42 is content complete and in the polishing phase

And just 9 short years after it was first announced for release in 2014...
  14. Van-d-all

Turn-Based Tactics The Lamplighters League - turn-based tactics in pulp 1930s setting from Harebrained Schemes

Judging by steam reviews, it's also front loaded as usual, and bugs keep pilng up with time.
  15. Van-d-all

Even that was Bethesda's blatant copy of BG2's Noober.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom