Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Urthor

1. Urthor

Sector Unknown - A Story-Rich, Isometric RPG Set in A Shadowy Expanse of Space

Ngl. Considering this is a website that's *expert* at looking at games and tearing them to shreds... the brilliance of your game is radiating out of my monitor and searing my eyeballs (from the vertical slice that's visible). You seem like you've plain old done amazingly good work so far (in...
  2. Urthor

Game News Sovereign Syndicate Released

Looks good. Has anyone actually played it?
  3. Urthor

Game News Colony Ship Released

This is both amazing and a mark of how extremely old I am. Which is hugely, hugely depressing. I'm going to cry in a corner now.
  4. Urthor

Game News Colony Ship releasing on November 9th

Wait for the patches!
  5. Urthor

RPS interview with David Gaider on romances and Beamdog's failed attempts at Baldur's Gate III and a Planescape Torment sequel

Romance in video games is great. It's plain old hilarious seeing if the writers will screw it up. Usually the games with good romance have great everything else, because the good writers *have their schtick together*.
  6. Urthor

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

The improved bless contributes a lot to landing Fear.
  7. Urthor

I actually haven't counted because I am exploring Staff of Arcane Blessing to consistently dump powerful debuffs on bosses. My current angle to get my Wizard contributing more is Staff of Arcane Blessing to land extremely high percentage fears on bosses. And seeing if Glyph of Warding does...
  8. Urthor

Incandescent Staff. The Spellsparkler. Evocation Wizard 10 and Staff of Arcane Blessing deserve a mention, Arcane Blessing doesn't increase Magic Missile's damage but is just straight powerful. Still, I'm having trouble getting as much juice out of Wizard as I'd like.
  9. Urthor

20/21/22 strength is enough stats to throw humanoid sized enemies as a barbarian with enraged throw by the way. A... very achievable amount. I'm probably going to respec my barbarian to Tavern Brawler just to enjoy throwing most enemies around like rag dolls in all honesty. It seems like too...
  10. Urthor

Depends if you're taking a long rest every 3 fights in order to use level 2 spells to "straight combat" most fights. My experience was, I felt that wizard/cleric/rogue/fighter was just vastly harder to play than druid/rogue/fighter/barbarian in levels 1-4. In a "straight fight", surprise...
  11. Urthor

#5: Minor illusion is genuinely the best skill in the game. Distract, reposition, turn based, buff, enter combat, it's by far the best ability IMO.
  12. Urthor

Alright. If Baldur's Gate 3 is hard. How to make it not hard. #1: Press Shift-C to stealth entire party. Then, press Shift-Space before combat to engage turn based mode with party stealthed and enemies unaware. Buff, reposition, win. #2: Click on the character portraits in the bottom left...
  13. Urthor

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Feel like this needs to be expanded to: "As with all modern video games, playing them within 3 months of the listed release date before the "open beta" ends and it's patched is a complete mistake." The best thing you can do when one of these games drop is to forget it exists and go back to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom