Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bruma Hobo

1. Bruma Hobo

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: Ultima IV Wizardry I Ultima Underworld Alter Ego Sword of the Samurai Darklands Arcanum Knights of the Chalice Expeditions: Conquistador A Legionary's Life Hidden Gems: None, they all deserve to compete for the actual prize.
  2. Bruma Hobo

Ultima III!

RPGs are evil.
  3. Bruma Hobo

Zelda Series

Zelda Classic is great, and there are some gems to find in there, but unfortunately it's very hard to find them among all that rubbish. The Purezc community is composed of tards with awful taste.
  4. Bruma Hobo

Recommend a turn based, isometric/overhead, full party RPG for me

Yeah, Expeditions: Conquistador is one of the best games from the kickstarter era. The other games on the series aren't bad, but they're slower and not as inspired.
  5. Bruma Hobo

Zelda Series

6. Bruma Hobo

Games with great, satisfying endings?

Ultima IV, Alter Ego, N64 Zelda games.
  7. Bruma Hobo

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

More like I'm ashamed of having wasted so much time playing games.
  8. Bruma Hobo

It's official Turn Based beat RTwP in the CRPG wars.

I said *good* RTwP combat. Granted, Darklands' combat system is kind of acceptable because of its simulationistic sensibilities, maybe a turn-based combat system would have felt wrong in such a hisorical kind of game. Still, combat in Darklands is definitely not good.
  9. Bruma Hobo

It's official Turn Based beat RTwP in the CRPG wars.

Name a single good RPG with good RTwP combat then. I'm waiting.
  10. Bruma Hobo

What's stopping Swen from making a proper Ultima VII clone?

Bethesda has been doing plenty of high budget Ultima wannabes. Granted, most of them are very unpolished, have awful dialogues, and tend to be very dumbed-down, but unlike Ultima they also have at least some relevant stats and character builds. A modern-day Ultima successor would look less like...
  11. Bruma Hobo

RPGs with greatest player agency

Ultima IV, Darklands, Morrowind, NEO Scavenger.
  12. Bruma Hobo

What's been the most disappointing RPG you can think of?

Oblivion, Baldur's Gate, Ultima VII, Might and Magic 2, Times of Lore, Questron. But especially Oblivion.
  13. Bruma Hobo

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Released

The perfect Bioware successor.
  14. Bruma Hobo

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Released

And nothing of value was lost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom