Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by United Nations

1. United Nations

KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

That does sound 100x better. But many developers overpromise with their games and fail to deliver. Another great game(s) this happened to was STALKER. I read elsewhere that Ebb Software has started working on a fresh IP. What I would really like is a sequel or partial remake that fixes the...
  2. United Nations

Anime Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions

All the following games are pieces of shit.. Planescape Torment Resident Evil 4 & 7 The Witcher series Doom 2016 Quake 2 Darkwood Diablo IV Skyrim Fallout 4 Grim Dawn Metro Exodus Disco Elysium
  3. United Nations

KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

Just beat the entire game, took me 7.5 hours total. Seriously excellent piece of art, but two things holding it back that I'm sure have been mentioned a number of times in this thread: Dildo weapon was a seriously bad decision; it should have been included only as a tool. The game needs...
  4. United Nations

Games you've changed your mind about

The first 1/3 of the game seemed very unfinished, i.e. empty areas without mobs/loot, etc. The voice acting, soundtrack, and plot are all extremely mediocre too.
  5. United Nations

Three hours in, quit game for now after first combat experience. Puzzles are top-notch so far, and the game world is intensely creepy, but not quite scary. I'm a HUGE fan of horror-themed walking sims, specifically Visage, MADiSON, Observer, and Frictional's Penumbra 1/2, Amnesia 1, and SOMA...
  6. United Nations

Games you've changed your mind about

I thought Diablo IV was good during my first playthrough of the campaign. Looking back, it's a boring piece of junk that is never going to be saved by the upcoming Kurast expansion.
  7. United Nations

Ashes 2063

I've played it for only 30 minutes so and uninstalled it because I'm not a fan of big empty environments in games. However, I'm going to reinstall it since the game does take place in a big, open, wasteland, and it's considered the best Doom total conversion ever.
  8. United Nations

CULTIC - Blood-inspired episodic retro FPS

You play Bloom yet?
  9. United Nations

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

Never played Doom II or Blood, but I played Bloom, which is a hybrid between the two, more specifically, if Doomguy put his dick inside of Caleb's pussy and they had a baby, that is what Bloom is. That description isn't me trying to be edgy at all, Bloom is exactly that: it's a morphed blend of...
  10. United Nations

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

Just beat Bloom and Cultic... Both were excellent, in fact, I like them more than any recent FPS I've played. They are lot more fun due to the simple gameplay mechanics, pixelated graphics that are ultra nostalgic, and awesome soundtracks. Compared to games like Doom 2016 and Metro Exodus, the...
  11. United Nations

I played all of Chapter 1 on maxed difficulty, and I didn't run into too many situations where I didn't have enough ammo. I'm also pretty uncoordinated when it comes to accuracy in solo campaign shooters, I go through ammo pretty quickly. There are at least two points in Cultic that make you...
  12. United Nations

Just beat Chapter 1... GREAT GAME! Some of the level music and repetitive sound effects were annoying, but that's all I don't like about this game so far. Also, the final boss battle is a bit of a letdown. However, everything else, especially the pixelated graphics, were amazing. My favorite...
  13. United Nations

Diablo IV

Really wish there was a way to fix the shitty soundtrack. I booted up D2R just to compare, and the soundtrack was at least 50% of that game's appeal. Voice acting was better too, but D4's mediocre voice work could have been glossed over by a decent soundtrack. Why didn't Blizzard hire Matt...
  14. United Nations

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Not bad news for me at all. My current PC is 9YO and I want to wait for both Windows 12 and Intel Arrow Lake to build a new one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom