Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Trash

1. Trash

CKII is released.

Together with the now long abandoned The Prince and the Thane one of my fav mods was Crises of the Confederation. A mod that put CK2 into space. Heavily influenced by Dune and WH40K and featering everything from neo-feudalism to cyborgs and pirate space queens it was mad fun. It has been...
  2. Trash

Star Dynasties – Crusader Kings In Space

That's the old mod that's abandoned. Here's the new version. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921207930&searchtext=crisis File Size Posted Updated 123.577 MB 26 Nov, 2019 @ 4:44am 21 Apr @ 4:00pm 21 Change Notes ( view )
  3. Trash

Star Dynasties – Crusader Kings In Space

The character system actually sounds pretty good. Otherwise I'm not that enthousiastic. In the end its the different systems working together to create something entertaining. Most of the systems here seem to be pretty barebones. Will keep an eye on it though. Been wanting a game with a setting...
  4. Trash

Games like Fire Emblem but less weaboo

Vestaria Saga is on the pc and made by the guy that developed the older fire emblem games. I liked it quite a bit.
  5. Trash

Close Combat clones list and questions

Nothing really ever came close to CC. Firefight is probably the best of the bunch. I prefer the older one as it had limetless maps but the new version looks nicer and plays better on a limited amount of maps. Nothing too deep but both versions are fun for a bit. The CC games unfortunately had...
  6. Trash

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Glad to see they returned to updating and expanding this game. I absolutely loved it and am eagerly waiting for this DLC to dive back into it. Still hoping they'll return rivers to the game and add bridge battles one day. Also remember them wanting to expand the game with a demon faction back in...
  7. Trash

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Game is actually good and to me an improvement on its predecessor. Faster, more variation and good humor with oodles of action and style. Played the 'demo' version and then bought it. Didn't expect to like it as much as I do.
  8. Trash

TBS Panzer Corps 2

Need a Panzer General fix? Just get yourself Order of Battle and try out the free demo campaign. It's a better version of Panzer Corps with added logistics. If you like it go buy the ridiculous DLC bloat or demo it. Or try Unity of Command 2 for another good game or simply one of the several...
  9. Trash

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Waiting for the inevitable Dune mod now.
  10. Trash

Caves of Qud (ROGUELIKE)

One thing I often miss in roguelikes are interesting (procedural) quests that tie into the game. I like the procedural ones in stoneshard and wonder if anything like that is in Caves of Qud? Played it a long time ago and loved the descriptions and general feel of the world. Hope they did...
  11. Trash

Why the hell aren't there more "space opera" / futuristic CRPGs?

Nice list. Back in the day developers where way more willing to experiment with settings and scope than they do today. Then again, pc gaming and development was a glorified fringe hobby mostly with dev costs really not being all that high. So people had the opportunity to toy around. Starflight...
  12. Trash

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ultima 7 already had better npc schedules than the Bethesda games. Always boggled my mind how those games had people having a full daily schedule, including conversations, while later games hardly ever got close. Until PB that is. Also I liked the npc schedules in The Witcher better than in The...
  13. Trash

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

What bothered me mostly was how samey the missions outside of the main storyline and flashpoints were. The recent MW3 despite its many flaws did have quite a few genuinely memorable missions. BT hardly had any and the open campaign felt pointless and boring because of it. The amount of boring...
  14. Trash

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

Just found out that enemies actually do follow you from screen to screen. When I hunt I can follow the prey to the edge of the screen and kill them off pretty easily there. Not so much with a dungeon boss. Running away to another floor to recharge and finding out the guy actually follows was...
  15. Trash

Why isn't Expeditions: Viking more popular here?

Out of curiosity, would you care to mention some decent rpgs that don't get the attention they deserve?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom