Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by toroid

1. toroid

Cortex Command

It most certainly does, at least on the surface.
  2. toroid

Cortex Command

I played an absurd amount of modded Cortex Command back in the day, and eventually I grew too frustrated and fell out of love with it due to the dev's negative attitude and lack of commitment and passion. Over a decade later, Noita came into existence and offered that special something which...
  3. toroid

The Game Awards is a scam

You're just now questioning the legitimacy of TGA?
  4. toroid

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

When the video starts to reveal what's so special about this wad you may want to stop watching to save yourself from spoilers and then go play it yourself. Good stuff.
  5. toroid

Rain World: The Most Complex Ecosystem in any Game

You can play the game just fine without gitting gud, but if you really want it then there's plenty of gud to git.
  6. toroid

The movement tricks look like physics exploits because the movement is procedural physics based. For example: Rolling builds momentum that you can put towards jumping higher and farther, and there are several different ways to set up rolls. There are many ways to build momentum and many ways to...
  7. toroid

Slugcat parkour simulator. The movement system in this game is profoundly deep and complex. It will feel like you have no speed or mobility until you begin to grasp how to control your character. Here's a video showcasing character movement and combat by someone who is moderately skilled at the...
  8. toroid

[Poll] Best immersive sim

Where is My Summer Car? It is arguably the best "immersive sim" of all time. It just replaces dungeon crawling, combat and contrived quests with survival, npc & environment interaction, income dependence, car maintenance and getting blackout drunk.
  9. toroid

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Evidently he still hasn't learned to use the doorknob instead of opening doors with his face. He's been playing ER again with a bow only build and no UI, and he hates it. I used to wonder if he was insane or just retarded.. until I heard him talk about politics. Now I am certain that he is insane.
  10. toroid

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Neato. They introduced separate damage scaling for pvp. This potentially solves the issue of balancing the entire game around pvp at the expense of pve. I wish they had thought of this three games ago... Oh wait, I still don't want to play Elden Ring.
  11. toroid

Noita - magical action roguelike where every pixel is physically simulated

I only ever savescummed during one game when I was studying fungal shift behavior, and I've never used any mods. As long as you resist greed and continue to learn from your experiences the game only becomes more accessible and exploitable. This might be the most replayable game ever; I've killed...
  12. toroid

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

I've completed both the main campaign and The Following DLC once, so I have seen one of the three DLC endings. I've also started a new game several times just to play around with gameplay mechanics and progression. Also I found and completed all the secret content and all or most of the easter...
  13. toroid

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Welp, this franchise has certainly jumped the shark. Dying Light 1 was outstanding in the sense that it was a AAA game that didn't take the disappointing and predictable AAA approach. Quality of gameplay obviously took priority over all the other aspects of the game; movement/combat and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom