Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Tolknaz

1. Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

The RTS part in DC was annoying (I have no interest at all in the genre and everyone who has says it's mediocre at best) but the amount of lulz i got from that game between battles was easily worth suffering through it. Still, 65 dollars for TWO copies of DOS + DC is NOT merely a preorder discount.
  2. Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

Larian seem to have hit the gold vein with this one. Still purely word of mouth driving the game and player numbers continue to grow every night. Highly unusual thing to happen to a game on steam to put it mildly. Congratualtions to all involved!
  3. Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #50: Comic Con Presentation - Intro Movie, LA Gameplay Footage

Great intro. By the way, corvax, i used to know a guy who was hairy as a yeti at age 17 and went all grey before 25. That said, the actor playing vargas doesn't look that young at all.
  4. Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Like most sane Deus Ex fans i kind of liked Human Revolution, but after Deus Ex: The Fall and especially Thief, i'm not so sure if i can trust Square Enix to not fuck this up.
  5. Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

Just got to play it a little bit and the only question i have is what the fuck happened to Eidos Montreal between 2011 and now? Human Revolution was by no means a masterpiece, but it was still a pretty solid Deus Ex game, whereas Thief is pretty much the antithesis of its franchise in every...
  6. Game News Deathfire Cancelled

Even though Kickstarter is sadly nothing more than a popularity contest, i still think, that if he had come out with this particular pitch first time instead of Thorvalla, he could have easily hit the goal and then some.
  7. Risen 3: Titan Lords

Pirate theme is the least of its problems. Gothic 2 also had a pirate side plot and you generally don't hear people complaining about it.
  8. Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

How on earth did this game manage to slip under my radar? I picked it up during the last Steam sale and now after playing through it, i almost feel guilty for getting it so cheap. It's easily one of the best adventure games of the last decade. Ah, well, i guess i can get a second copy on GOG to...
  9. Incline Larian's Dragon Commander - Released

Agreed, compared to other genrebenders, like SR2, the feel and the mechanics are fundamentally solid. The RTS part lacks ceratin RTS things, such as fog of war and proper skilltre, but it has tons of charm of its own, thanks to dragon form.
  10. Incline Larian's Dragon Commander - Released

What criticisms? The guy can't even form a single coherent thought in this "review". All we learn, is that he apparently doesn't like the genre mixing that's going on and particularily doesn't like the RTS part. Why, he doesn't really say. That review epitomizes everything, that's wrong with...
  11. Incline Larian's Dragon Commander - Released

Tom Chick gave dragon Commander 4/10. Well, at least it's in very good company (He had his five minutes of fame with his Deus Ex review back in the day). http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/08/12/kitchen-sink-not-included-in-dragon-commander/
  12. Hate Bioware games, but Im on a Star Wars fever... Will I like KOTOR ?

Well, KOTOR 2 is certainly much better, but provided you can stand Star Wars and its simplistic fairytale wankery in general, KOTOR isn't actually that bad.
  13. Incline TotalBiscuit: Have FPS gone backwards? (answer is yes)

Well, as far as youtube gaming personalities go, i'd say TB is quite tolerable. At least he doesn't try to be "angry" (and end up being a whiny bitch) like every other shmuck and their dog out there.
  14. Suggestions to break my Adventure Cherry

I would suggest Discworld games, but the first one can be ridiculously tough for an adventure game noob if you don't cheat with a walkthrough. Luckily you don't have to play the first to play the second game or Noir (which has completely different theme, protagonist, and story anyway), so you...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom