Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Timeslip

1. Timeslip

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

Thanks for sharing Infinitron and Taka-Haradin puolipeikko - Nice to be drawing closer to a release. If anyone has any comments, questions or suggestions, happy to chat!
  2. Timeslip

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

Yeah, it's super time consuming. I knew making an RPG would take longer than a combat focused game like Vigilantes, but didn't anticipate how big the difference would be.
  3. Timeslip

Some of these days, I'm going to crack (pun intended) and go old school Steven King on this game :)
  4. Timeslip

In terms of game systems, the game's in a good enough place. Some new environment assets will need to be worked in for each act, and new maps will needed. A more complex map, with several buildings, could take a week. A simple map could be wrapped up in 2-3 days. There will be new factions in...
  5. Timeslip

Hey- 3 acts is correct. I'd expect subsequent acts to be quicker to develop, partly because more of the infrastructure is in place. At best though, it's going to take 12-18 months per act. Crazy when you think it's for 4-6 hours of gameplay. Act 2 will not have a choice between factions, so...
  6. Timeslip

Content will certainly improve. The world is quite lifeless outside the main quests at the minute - how far I'll be able to go with this is an open question, but I wouldn't even consider an EA release until this is improved. Can you give me some more on point 2 - is it the real time movement...
  7. Timeslip

Hey Taka-Haradin puolipeikko - Tactics won't generally be used for this purpose. In this case, it's used on the basis that the character has noticed enemies are mostly using melee weapons, and that fighting from the far side of the river with a firearm would convey an advantage. Since you're...
  8. Timeslip

It's the most frequent criticism, and I agree with it. I didn't anticipate how much more work it would be take to break up that repetitiveness. I may have gone overboard... at this point, I've probably put in the same amount of hours as it took to complete Vigilantes.
  9. Timeslip

Glad to hear you like the look of the game, Jaesun. The next few months are likely to be tough going, but early access isn't a million miles away at this point.
  10. Timeslip

Hi all - hope you're keeping well. That mission took quite a bit longer than expected, largely down to the scripting heavy nature of the mission and the boss encounter. Here's some extra detail and images: The Mission Whispers of the Old World is a more story focused mission, with a number of...
  11. Timeslip

Hi Viata - well spotted. There's quite a lot of Vigilantes DNA in Prometheus Wept, with more emphasis on story and gameplay depth this time around. The demo took around 3 hours to play, which was more gameplay than I expected. The Steam version has been updated again. There's way more ambient...
  12. Timeslip

An uncharitable person might ask the same question of your question.
  13. Timeslip

Thanks for reporting. Unfortunately, I've had no luck recreating it with the used valerian paste stack. Will keep an eye out for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom