Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TigerKnee

1. TigerKnee

Rance Series

The funny thing was that RQ and R9 were originally swapped in order but they decided to go with RQ first - I think it had to do with the "seriousness" level going into R10, but I don't have the sources any more to confirm the reasons.
  2. TigerKnee

SaGa Series Discussion

Debuff is a viable strategy in MS but it requires a full party composition because of the weird way they scale.
  3. TigerKnee

Rance Series

Don't worry, Alicesoft hated it too. They pretend that was never a thing that happened and don't reference it in any way.
  4. TigerKnee

SaGa Series Discussion

cuz Illusion spells run off Charisma
  5. TigerKnee

SaGa Series Discussion

WD actually stated their reasons at some point of time - it has to do with preventing rentals because the additional grind time etc would cause the players to have to buy the game instead. Not defending them for that decision because they did shit up a lot of games, it's just what it is. It's...
  6. TigerKnee

Rance Series

It adds a bunch of stuff to FFA mode to make it a lot more interesting than standard but it does feel like without an event progression, the Sengoku style loses a lot. Alicesoft always mixes and matches whatever the hell they like so as long as an event doesn't blatantly contradict the True...
  7. TigerKnee

CRPGAddict

That might actually be more interesting to read about, though
  8. TigerKnee

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Not particularly. For example, Zangetsu only gets a different final boss and his only special dialogue there - otherwise he fights Zangetsu bosses in the storyline just like Miriam and other silly quirks of Castlevania alt modes. Bloodless is entirely silent with no plot and Aurora is only...
  9. TigerKnee

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Out of the 3 extra characters so far, somewhat in the middle. Bloodless is the best because she has interesting progression and turns the castle on its head somewhat due to where you start. Aurora's main gimmick - after you kill the stained glass hand boss, she gets unlimited flight. She has a...
  10. TigerKnee

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Haven't Bards always been weird Jack of All Trade classes
  11. TigerKnee

The monk is indeed recruitable, I think his criteria was having a Phoenix Wizard - I can't remember if anything else gets him, but it's part of his subquest that he wants to see the Wizard transformation.
  12. TigerKnee

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

The designers mentioned they intentionally lowball racial skills so that people don't feel compelled to pick "optimal" races but really in practice it means they're useless.
  13. TigerKnee

Was there a way to auto-cast long rest buffs like Mage Armor after rest? I seem to recall one but I can't find it anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom