Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by tiagocc0

1. tiagocc0

Vapourware Some Progress on Break The Future

Haha, yep, I was planning on drawing each race and having someone who is both short and bulky would definitely be extra hard for me, but right now I'm commissioning some art so maybe I might add them after all.
  2. tiagocc0

Vapourware Some Progress on Break The Future

Most work was on new user interface and some variables completed with formulas and working when passing a turn. Wanted to post here to see if I can get any feedback, I'm working alone on this and due to the nature of the game (NSFW) it is kinda hard to talk about it to friends/family. The most...
  3. tiagocc0

Which programming language did you choose and why?

T H I C C Orcs are the best EDIT: Testing dungeon generation https://img.itch.zone/aW1nLzM1Mzg1MTAucG5n/original/4FTGPn.png Following this tutorial https://www.patreon.com/posts/hatching-in-1pdg-31716880 And his dungeon generator https://watabou.itch.io/one-page-dungeon
  4. tiagocc0

Which programming language did you choose and why?

F I tried several engines but I always end up returning to what I already know.. because of work. Since it is usually very simple 2d games, it works for me, I just need to finish one game now.. Since Qt has QML, which is basically javascript plus css, I made a little editor in game so I can...
  5. tiagocc0

Vapourware Is this still working?

Regarding the structure, there are a few ways to do it. Simply storing everything every turn so the save file will have all turn with all data relevant there. Each character has one save file. The max one character will have about the other is, met that day and had a fight, for example. Which...
  6. tiagocc0

It's huge but I got it broken down in small parts which I'm currently developing. I'm basing the gameplay on a few simple games, so I got that part covered. The part of breaking a characters future will come after the game loop is complete, so right now the focus is to make it an rpg, than a...
  7. tiagocc0

Don't scare the new blood away, the codex needs them.. for stuff..
  8. tiagocc0

Sorry, my bad. Edited it to avoid this problem.
  9. tiagocc0

Wow, I'm impressed DU! I thought it would be removed by now. Postmortem of Starlife Don't rely too much on others and don't make your first project heavy AI centered. I finally got some time, some new ideas, programming experience and financially ready to start a new project. One which I'm not...
  10. tiagocc0

Qt\QtQuick Tutorial

Yeah, when I compiled stuff for android I think I did a linux virtual box machine, easier to install stuff and when I didn't want it anymore I could just delete one folder. Easier to carry around too on a pen drive so I could access the same work environment at home or at work.
  11. tiagocc0

Qt\QtQuick Tutorial

QML doesn't need JDK, it's Android that needs it to compile it seems. QML uses it's own implementation of java (taken from google) that already comes with Qt.
  12. tiagocc0

Qt\QtQuick Tutorial

Yes, I think it's just zip. Android is set to try to install it so if you copy it to the android device and run a file manager it will install for you. You may need to set an option to allow unknown sources. Like this site that keeps an copy of every official apk https://www.apkmirror.com/ You...
  13. tiagocc0

Qt\QtQuick Tutorial

Hey, don't worry about it. This is like one of those things that is really hard to approach but when you do it once it all makes sense. Yes, what I mean is let's say I want to compile for Android in the official way, so I set up everything I need and now I'm able to compile it using Android...
  14. tiagocc0

Qt\QtQuick Tutorial

I compiled once for android but it was a long time ago. It is a bit of pain in the ass to set everything up, but the pain is in setting the original environment, like if you wanted to compile for android without Qt. So if you need help just look how to compile for android using google tools...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom