Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by the_shadow

1. Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I got Fallout 4 on sale and am a few hours into the game. Here is my train of thoughts throughout the 3 hours: - "Oh great, a scripted intro showing the main characters family life. I do not care. Just get me to the Wasteland." - "The main character's wife who I knew for one minute was shot...
  2. What game are you wasting time on?

Finished Drakensang: The Dark Eye, a RPG which while feeling familiar still feels fresh because it doesn't use D&D mechanics. Overall it would have been a good game if it was about two thirds the length, but it seems to just drag and drag with fights of wound immune enemies that you have to...
  3. What game are you wasting time on?

Finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Overall I thought it was a good but not great game. The one thing I do appreciate is that it drops hints about certain plot points without feeling the need to spell them out for you in some sort of expository dialogue or the main character ruminating to themselves.
  4. Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

:necro: Just finished Rebel, Scarlet Chorus and Anarchy playthroughs of Tyranny. Considering the mixed/negative reaction it got from the Codex, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The story and C&C are actually pretty good, and the combat system is solid. My main issue with it is that is...
  5. Horror games for the season (and beyond)

Puppet Combo games are short horror games that are a throwback to the 90's slasher genre. https://puppetcombo.com/
  6. What game are you wasting time on?

Anachronox - Finally got around to finishing this one after dropping it when I was close to the ending due to real-life obligations. When I started playing this one I thought it was mediocre at best, the beginning is perhaps the worst part of the game. You're introduced to horrible JRPG combat...
  7. Decline Is Divinity: Original Sin the single most annoying RPG ever?

You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before...
  8. After so many patches and DLC - Poe1 Worth playing?

PoE is a decent game with fun combat and character building, that also has a fair amount of dumb stuff mixed in. Seems like every major RPG these days needs to have a poorly implemented 'build your own fortress' included, much like RPGs from the last decade needed to have some dumb card...
  9. Parent deletes his kid's Minecraft world as punishment for sleeping late, asks if he's the asshole

Whenever I hear about a parent destroying something their kid loves/enjoys, or makes the kid themself destroy it (like a friend of mine had to do with their D&D stuff during the Satanic Panic), I'm reminded of this scene:
  10. Parent deletes his kid's Minecraft world as punishment for sleeping late, asks if he's the asshole

I'd be wondering why the kid is sleeping through the alarm. When I was 9 I'd wake up naturally at 6am, even on weekends to watch the cartoon channel. If I was woken up by an alarm, there was no way I could back to sleep. I'd understand if he was a teenager (who usually feel tired later in the...
  11. KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

I have played the demo for a few hours, and my mind is actually blown by how minimalistic it is. It's essentially Avadon stripped down to its bare bones, plus a mediocre outdoor area that might as well not even exist. And Avadon was already pretty dumbed down from past Spiderweb games. There is...
  12. Eyestabber's in-depth guide to DR/AoD mechanics

Yet another build: A high crit dagger build (High perception, intelligence and dex, low strength and con) with 2 companions. Honestly, I'm really struggling with this one, especially since I got up to the constructs. The chance to hit even with my high perception character is still way too low...
  13. Eyestabber's in-depth guide to DR/AoD mechanics

I have been experimenting with a few different builds. I tried a high perception, high dex, high cha, low con, low strength character. I pumped sword and critical in the hope of doing critical targeted attacks (critical head knocks down for two turns), and also gave Marcus high hammer and...
  14. Eyestabber's in-depth guide to DR/AoD mechanics

You're not going to have enough skill points to invest meaningfully in 5 different skills. Endgame I had 9 in dodge, 10 in crafting, 8 in alchemy, and 3 in spear. The 3 skill points in spear was a waste. - For any moderate-difficult fight, use whetstones. Whetstones with decent crafting is one...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom