Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The Village Loon

1. The Village Loon

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Hi I'm back. Sorry for coming back. The game has been on my mind a lot the past few days. I was so disappointed by the game that I'm trying to somehow analyze why the game doesn't work for me. Rarely, very rarely I quit a game before finishing it, and never have I quit a RPG so shortly into it...
  2. The Village Loon

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I've tried to only write here when I have nothing to say but fuck it, I bought the game on launch day and wanted to join the shit posting with my excrement. This is the 2nd game in 10 years I've bought on launch day. Yes, joke is on me. The other game? Moving along... Only thing I knew about...
  3. The Village Loon

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

I would bet that they will release a Vanilla:EE kind of product in 2018 or 2019. Not pure vanilla, but something of a fork of the current code, remaking a "new vanilla" with engine enhancements, support for current add-ons, the new char models, AOE looting, etc. The new dev team they are hiring...
  4. The Village Loon

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

While I don't recall offhand the exact item levels dungeons give out, they are something similar to: Normal 800, Heroic 850, Mythic10 900, Mythic15 920. There is a endgame zone called Broken Shore where you get a full set of 850 gear in a matter of hours and a full set of 890-900 gear in a...
  5. The Village Loon

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Oddly enough after a long break I just popped in WoW lately to see what the game is now. Sorry to disappoint you but Legion is the same as everything before it. If you have even half a brain, you cannot die questing or doing solo content. And with the expansion coming to a close heroics are the...
  6. The Village Loon

Editorial RPG Codex Report: A Codexian Visit to inXile Entertainment

This means Planescape Torment is to art what Shark Attack 2 is to art.
  7. The Village Loon

Editorial RPG Codex Report: A Codexian Visit to inXile Entertainment

Holy shit that code actually worked. Now I feel bad for using it. Thanks Hamster. :salute: And I'm requesting that I will remain anonymous.
  8. The Village Loon

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

They brought in a new face to offload systems design from Josh and moved J.E. to be in charge of narrative? :hmmm:
  9. The Village Loon

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Oulu next huh? Who are we gonna send there to cosplay a RPG Codex journalist so they get their free personal troll avatar? Vaarna_Aarne could go ask about anime or about Star Trek. Jedi Master Radek can provide up to date intel.
  10. The Village Loon

Prosper Are video games contemporary art? DISCUSS!!

There have been many RPGs that I have enjoyed at first but then ultimately found out they were shit. Some I've played for hours and hours and only then noticed the awful truth. Looking at the world map I can notice the map is impossible with the knowledge we have of plate tectonics and what...
  11. The Village Loon

Game News Obsidian's next game is Tyranny, an isometric RPG set in a fantasy world where evil won

Just what this thread is missing. Some autistic geologist looking at the handful of screenshots we have of the game, and telling us how shit this game is going to be because of unrealistic rock formations and crystalline structures in a computer fantasy RPG.
  12. The Village Loon

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #15: Last 24 Hours, Twitchathon is Live

Excellent stuff mindx2. My hat is off to you good sir. :salute:
  13. The Village Loon

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Watch annihilated 3-0 hands down, well without hands, and all ended by a last hit from a trash mob! Fuck man. mindx2 you make us proud.
  14. The Village Loon

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

The Codex does not assimilate those who would bring no value to the collective. This is why HiddenX can also wander freely amongst our halls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom