Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TalesfromtheCrypt

1. TalesfromtheCrypt

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Seems to be stuck in Beta since early January though.
  2. TalesfromtheCrypt

Come back man.

Come back man.
  3. TalesfromtheCrypt

Tell me about the STALKER games.

In case anyone is interested, it seems someone created a ZRP-compatible version of the subtitle mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6wr5h5tr6gdj9jz/InGameCC_for_ZRP_1.07.rar/file So this would be great to use then with the russian speech packs.
  4. TalesfromtheCrypt

Tell me about the STALKER games.

There is (mostly) no subtitles in the game though, so unless you understand Russian this is not viable. There is a mod that adds english / russian subtitles: https://www.gamefront.com/games/stalker/file/in-game-cc-and-subtitles I am wondering if it is compatible with the ZRP mod? EDIT...
  5. TalesfromtheCrypt

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

This game has some really unusual and wierd mechanics sometimes, but overall it's quite fun. I saw a lot of people complaining that it's easy to end up with dead ends, but I don't understand the complaint. Keep a lot of saves and be sure to always perform actions in an "ideal way". If you do...
  6. TalesfromtheCrypt

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

Bros, I'm not playing the remaster with those shitty new graphics and the messed up lightning. Is the Remaster at least a good, hassle free way to play the games with original graphics on modern PCs, or did they change or scew anything up in classic mode as well? Should I just go with the source...
  7. TalesfromtheCrypt

Aliens: Dark Descent - real-time squad-based tactical action

They pretty much abandonded it like they did with Battlefleet Gothic, but to be fair, if you are not very unlucky you can complete the game without encountering any major bugs. It's mostly ok although it should have received 1 or 2 more patches ideally. I think they never fixed some of the...
  8. TalesfromtheCrypt

remastered games that use the wrong music

I've kinda accepted that AoE2 DE is it's own thing and got used to the new music, but I wish they had really "remastered" the old tracks instead of just remaking them. I like how they did this with the Command and Conquer Remastered Soundtrack, they are a bit different sometimes, but essentially...
  9. TalesfromtheCrypt

RTS Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance - Future Wars Terminator RTS

So this turned out decent? I can't get over the fact that it takes place in the "Dark Fate" timeline. How pronounced is this actually in the game?
  10. TalesfromtheCrypt

Commandos-Like Stargate: Timekeepers - real-time tactics game from Slitherine

I love Commandos clones and my first thought when reading about this game was "what a wierd choice of genre". I guess Shadow Tactics and Desperados III were enough for me to scratch that itch for a long time.
  11. TalesfromtheCrypt

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - now with Heretek expansion

I tried it but I am not a fan of that solution. I could live without the extra skills from the other tech trees, but level capping your priests also means you don't get any new tech augmentation slots beyond level 10 and that feels really frustrating. Equipping your priests with powerful...
  12. TalesfromtheCrypt

Ready Or Not - edgy tactical SWAT FPS with school shooting level

Ah, I see ADL is shilling another piece of crap. No surprises here. A reality check for those of you who have been following the game only loosely: The 1.0 release, as expected, is a desaster. This guy from the Steam summarizes it pretty well...
  13. TalesfromtheCrypt

GOG.com

So I finally got cyberpunked and pulled the trigger on the "Complete Edition" or ultimate edition or whatever it is called with the current discount. In the mood for some eye candy and I hear the game is kinda alright with the latest patches...
  14. TalesfromtheCrypt

Decline 15$ Sparklepony Cosmetic in WoW made more money than Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

I have a similar sentiment. Is gaming really in such a bad place right now? Definitely not worse than in the period from roughly 2007-2012. My backlog is filled with interesting games to play from the last 10 years and new interesting stuff is on the horizon. Let the normies have their...
  15. TalesfromtheCrypt

Decline 15$ Sparklepony Cosmetic in WoW made more money than Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Lol, who the fuck needs "telephone and text support" for a fucking vidya game?*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom