Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Stormcrowfleet

1. Stormcrowfleet

I loved (x) game. Anything similar to it?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I already know of Suzerain. Really feels like there ain't much like the old KoDP.
  2. Stormcrowfleet

I loved (x) game. Anything similar to it?

Any games like King of Dragon Pass (or its follow up like Six Ages and Six Ages 2)?
  3. Stormcrowfleet

Anime Your LARPing exploits

I guess my biggest LARP was to play Age of Empire 2 roleplay with friends. We built roads between cities (by blowing up houses) before sending in trades. We did trade agreements, alliances, etc. It was actually really fun. In terms of RPG, I guess I do follow archetypes like MadMaxHellfire
  4. Stormcrowfleet

KickStarter StarCrawlers Chimera - single character cyberpunk dungeon crawler - now available on Early Access - coming May 13th

I wishlisted to keep it in my radar when it gets out to see reviews, etc. I'm in the minority but I prefer turn-based single-character dungeoncrawler over party-based.
  5. Stormcrowfleet

Dark Colony

As a kid, I liked this game.
  6. Stormcrowfleet

Legends of the Round Table - a strategic RPG that plunges you into Arthurian folklore with hand-drawn art and medieval music

EDIT: Okay I checked and sometimes in modern literature, some knights are presented as African because of its roman ties. E.g. "In Bernard Cornwell's The Warlord Chronicles, "Sagramor" is a fierce Numidian veteran of the old Roman army who serves as Arthur's trusted chief cavalry officer, having...
  7. Stormcrowfleet

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

I decided to (re)start an OSR/D&D/RPG blog in case some people are interested in that sort of stuff: https://open.substack.com/pub/castleandtowers/p/about-dungeon-traps-in-old-school?r=3kazik&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&showWelcomeOnShare=true
  8. Stormcrowfleet

In CRPGs, simulation IS the DM, and CRPGs are adventure sims

I think the headspace/context is important. I remember playing RP version of Age of Empires 2 with friends. We'd play an actual "role", build our civ accordingly, create roads, trade, etc. all with roleplay. In other words, is Monopoly an RPG? No. But within the right 'context', the mechanics of...
  9. Stormcrowfleet

(There is no "Perception" check in OD&D.) I think we have a different definition of both lollygaggin and roleplaying. For me, it'd be: "Referee: You are now bound in old, rusty and cracked chains and let in your cell while the guards are gone. What do you do? Player: Hey, can I break these...
  10. Stormcrowfleet

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Do you imply that the Referee having the capacity to handwave some parts of the game is more lollygagging? If so, I guess I miscommunicated. Let's say we play OD&D, and your level 8 Superhero is bound in chains, with a strength score of 18. Nothing in the book...
  11. Stormcrowfleet

I think it's important to consider the fact that in TTRPG, the simulation by the Referee isn't total and it's based upon his good will. The DM never (or actually I never saw/did this) simulate everything: at some point, he'll just hand wave this or that, or straight tell the player to stop...
  12. Stormcrowfleet

Kingmakers - Go back in time and shoot medievals with modern weapons

I don't know if it will be good, but I'm even surprised we didn't get this before. Event Mount & Blade has mods for this lol. That being said, I see some cool stuff, like the fact you can switch with RTS mode to control units.
  13. Stormcrowfleet

Decline Degradation of game-making craftsmanship/technology in general

I don't like Ubisoft's products, and there are many stories and rumours about the studio. Just to be clear, I'm not defending them or anything (on the contrary). However, in this particular case, it could have been a problem of motivation, resources, confusion about the product, and developers...
  14. Stormcrowfleet

RTS should focus more on single-player campaigns, lore-heavy settings

I like it in Red Alert where you could select your missions, or when you came back to the same map with the same base you left last time. This was genious and I don't think there's enough of that. Although I didn't like the game overall, SC2 had some good ideas for RTS campaign, such as having...
  15. Stormcrowfleet

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's a pass for me then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom