Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Startropy

1. Startropy

Startropy - A Space Faring Sci-Fi Adventure/RPG

Hey all, as mentioned previously here's the "hellworld" environment I've been working on. I've actually been sitting on this image for a couple of weeks while working on other things, as I was experimenting with a way of adding a heat distortion effect to the scene. I wasn't too happy with the...
  2. Startropy

Hey friends, hope you've all been well. It's been a while since my last update, so let me show you what I've been working on. So the past few months I've been working on redrawing the environment art you'll see during the resource gathering part of Startropy. This wound up being a long...
  3. Startropy

Here's the second alien done. Started to add idle animations to the portraits now, I'll come back to the first alien to add some there too. This creature is from a certain race of gluttony worshippers I posted a while back. HD variant:
  4. Startropy

Star Control: Origins - Star Control reboot from Stardock

Nah, I guess I'm also one of the few other people that liked the resource gathering too. It definitely added to the game's atmosphere, giving you a hands-on feeling of how hellscapish some planets can be. It can start to drag out in the latter part of the game but I still consider it an...
  5. Startropy

Star Control: Origins - Star Control reboot from Stardock

It's an interesting problem: Resource gathering is an iconic aspect of SC2 (ironically I've noticed this faithfulness got SCO some negative steam reviews, from people who thought they were buying a 4X game and found all these weird SC2 mechanics instead) but you also have to balance that out...
  6. Startropy

Hey, I'm just done with the artwork for the game's starmap. Went through a few different styles before finally this one, lemme know if you guys approve.
  7. Startropy

Thanks karnak. GoG distribution is something I'd be interested in. I'd like to do a submission when the game is closer to release and see what they say, but I am happy to say I have the okay from Steam. Bookmarked Planet's Edge too, I'm always intrigued in seeing how similar games handle the...
  8. Startropy

Hey guys, Been working on quest ideas and fleshing out the aliens since the last update. On the side I've also been making some reusable sprites to build the star systems with. As an example, I've created the player's home system from a set of planets and asteroid tiles:
  9. Startropy

Hey everyone, Just finished adding all the stats for the game's star systems last night. This update took a fair bit longer than I anticipated, as I went about generating these details via random values and then prodding some aspects by hand, and I also wanted to expand upon the astronomical...
  10. Startropy

Hey all, hope everyone had a pleasant time over the holidays. An update of what's been happening on Startropy: Away Team changes: Technicians have been renamed to scientists, they still serve the same purpose as before but the term is probably better for the wider range of skills they cover...
  11. Startropy

Hey, sorry for the super late response: Basically there are some planets that say are of the tiny category where you won't spend a whole lot of turns exploring. For those, having injuries on a countdown seemed non-threatening as players may just rush there way to the end without worrying about...
  12. Startropy

Hey all, an update on the game: Been working on rewriting the code and fine tuning some of the mechanics for the game's starmap, away team, and space combat systems. The starmap work was basically to try and ensure I can support the number of star systems I want for the game, and UI stuff to...
  13. Startropy

Update: Been working on the structure of the main quest and various sidequests. I'm pretty happy with the plan laid out for the main quest, and think I would like to make a separate post about quest structures after playing around with it some more and can talk about some various and definite...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom