Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by sstacks

1. sstacks

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

Super Mega Incline for both MCA and a failure of cancel culture.
  2. sstacks

Neal Hallford on The Making of Betrayal at Krondor

nealiios was on the most recent Shane Plays episode which was, in his own words, "a VERY deep dive into the making of Betrayal at Krondor". He also talks about his BAK anniversary events this year, including the BAK Fan Film Challenge. A crazy story in here about how his old boss tried to pull...
  3. sstacks

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

Hi, all :) It's been a while, but then again it's been a while since I've done a CRPG-related podcast episode. You may have heard that Neal Hallford is doing some cool events this year for the Betrayal at Krondor 30th Anniversary. He dropped by the show to talk about BAK history and gave some...
  4. sstacks

In case you don't see it posted elsewhere, Matt Barton has posted his interview with Bruce Nesmith:
  5. sstacks

I recently interviewed game designer Bruce Nesmith. About 75% of the episode focuses on his tabletop RPG design work at TSR, but there's also some discussion about TSR's early forway into producing their own computer games (they managed to put 3 out) as well as discussion of his time on the...
  6. sstacks

felipepepe just announced an expanded version of the CRPG Book Project. The CRPG Book Expanded Edition brings 152 pages extra pages, 56 new game reviews, several new articles, a lot of revised content and a glorious cover art gallery! The total: 680 pages! You can freely download it here...
  7. sstacks

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

It was all 5th Edition stuff, although through the lens of their engine.
  8. sstacks

Yeah that's why I kept saying it was fun for what it was.... they shot themselves in the foot with how they marketed the DM Mode, got expectations up that didn't deliver.
  9. sstacks

felipepepe rated the review "really fair" :)
  10. sstacks

Felipe Pepe asked me to write a review of Sword Coast Legends for the CRPG Book Project. So I did.
  11. sstacks

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

felipepepe asked me to write a review of Sword Coast Legends for the CRPG Book Project. So I did.
  12. sstacks

DDO Light Gravity Glitch - Dungeons & Dragons Online A temporary Light Gravity glitch lets a player jump to places that are normally inaccessible in Sharn's Clifftop Tower District in DDO Dungeons & Dragons Online.
  13. sstacks

Matt Chat Thread

Matt is very good at getting out of the way, which is a very important interviewing skill. I am the opposite and have to constantly work to let the interviewee breathe.
  14. sstacks

Matt Chat Thread

Guys and gals, let's stop feeding the troll please. What started as a genuine (although immaturely) asked question is obviously snowballing into a full on troll reveal.
  15. sstacks

Matt Chat Thread

He's actually a friend of mine, but that aside even before I knew him he had my respect as someone who genuinely loves CRPGS and does really good interviews with devs both old and new. He's also written two books on the subject.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom