Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by skyst

1. skyst

Interview Matt Chat 433: George Ziets on Mask of the Betrayer

MotB had me so damn hyped the first time that I played it. I was exploring the shadow realm version of the town at the time and that's all I could think about during my shift at Best Buy the next day. Ended up punching out early like 3 hours into my shift to go home and play it, few games have...
  2. skyst

Company News Obsidian reportedly about to be acquired by Microsoft

And novels are novels, music is music, paintings are paintings...
  3. skyst

Company News Obsidian reportedly about to be acquired by Microsoft

Fallout is making boatloads of money and Microsoft is about to acquire the studio that made what is generally considered to be the best iteration of the FPS Fallout games. I can't imagine MS being interested in shit like PoE or Tyranny isometric RPGs, I assume we'll see something to compete...
  4. skyst

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #55: Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Screenshots

The Neriscylas encounters were the best part of BoW. I was a level or two too low for the first encounter and it was actually quite challenging, basically the only time that I ever had to use consumables, summons, empowers to refill abilities, etc for anything other than speeding up a fight...
  5. skyst

Game News Pillars of Eternity II PAX West Panel - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC revealed, coming September 25th

Pathfinder: Kingmaker and a Deadfire DLC on the same day? What a time to be alive!
  6. skyst

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #54: New Challenges Approach

The challenge adds longevity to the game through experimentation and replayability. There are plenty of items with unique, sometimes build-defining effects that synergize with various classes and talents. Its similar to a reason that people played Diablo 2 for a million years. Also, some...
  7. skyst

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #54: New Challenges Approach

The state of Deadfire is a lot more enjoyable now than it was at launch now that the hardest difficulties have been balanced better.
  8. skyst

Fallout After a long time, I've finally finished Fallout 2. Guess what, it's shit!

How do you spend the better part of a decade on a website called rpgcodex having not finished Fallout 2?
  9. skyst

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

After finally getting around to Hard West (which was excellent!) and wanting more of the setting, all of this art being from a likely cancelled game is upsetting.
  10. skyst

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

This trailer reminds me of an early 90s toy commercial. edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUvAhrb86Y
  11. skyst

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Into the Breach

ITB is a fun little game if you're into turn-based strategy. The game isn't super deep and each run takes maybe 2 hours or so. If you like experimenting with different units and strategies, you can get a lot of hours out of the game and it's very worthwhile at ~$15. If you're the kind of guy...
  12. skyst

Game News Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky's new game at Obsidian is being published by Take-Two Interactive

You're not wrong. A lot of people fucking adored FO3, especially console gamers who didn't have a lot of open world options at the time in a setting as interesting as Fallout. They were hungry for more Fallout. FO3 did damage in communities like ours where we saw it as a huge step back from...
  13. skyst

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

I've been enjoying it so far and can confirm that the writing is solid. It's refreshing to see realistic dialogue after the years of lore-dump dialogue that seemed to coincide with the Kickstarter RPG era. This game should probably get a thread in the RPG forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom