Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by SionIV

1. SionIV

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal, Previews and Interviews

Looks like I get to spend my money on something else. I might be in the minority, but I wanted a Baldur's Gate, not a Divinity Original Sin. I wasn't very interested nor excited about Baldur's Gate 3 from the start, I guess my cynicism proved right this time. I should be used to it by now, with...
  2. SionIV

Fluent Plays Skyrim

I rate vanilla Skyrim a 5/10 at best. I rate Skyrim Requiem a 8/10. "This mod changes nearly every aspect of the vanilla game, including basic gameplay concepts such as combat, magic and player statistics, rebalances items across the game world, introduces interface and aesthetic treatments...
  3. SionIV

Development Info Bloodlines 2 Dev Diary #5: FEEDback - UX Design in Bloodlines 2

It doesn't matter how many times they wrap a piece of shit in wrapping paper, it's still a piece of shit.
  4. SionIV

FO3 is not nearly as bad as you hystronic nerds make it out to be

I just read 9 pages of someone trying to convince someone else that a shit isn't a shit, but chocolate instead.
  5. SionIV

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

I'm happy that Steam put down their foot when it came to advertisement on their platform for games that are EGS exclusive. Dear publishers, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
  6. SionIV

I agree with this, though I would imagine that either Steam or Epic will put a stop to it. Steam growing tired of being an advertisement platform for these games that go Epic exclusive, or Epic losing too much money from the sales on Steam a year later, with the new and improved launch.
  7. SionIV

https://youtu.be/aSzAu_WbgeY?t=1000 The hypocrisy of Epic Game Store. The Bandwith can only support 10% of the games, so we (epic) have to pick carefully what games meet the criteria for our store. We'll contact the DARQ developer (because they meet the criteria), but then backtrack when they...
  8. SionIV

I'm not sure that we can see how many from 'epic hate mob audience' bought the game based on peak players, as I would imagine that many of those won't even play the game.
  9. SionIV

People support what they believe in. If DARQ gets boosted sales on steam because of this, it would show other developers the value of keeping a good relationship to your community/fanbase. I'll buy the game when I get home from work. It's my money, I find this to be a good cause to support, and...
  10. SionIV

Reading some of the reviews on steam, makes it clear how much people dislike epic. This was an amazing business tactic from the developer, as he's getting a lot of sales from him declining the Epic exclusivity deal. "I haven't heard of this game until now. Instabought because the dev refused...
  11. SionIV

I'll believe those feature updates when I see them. https://youtu.be/58ZE4hbosuA?t=526
  12. SionIV

I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this. How can someone compare funding a game for your own platform (Ubisoft, EA, consoles, etc) to bribing a publisher, taking a game that the community crowdfunded through a kickstarter, and make it exclusive to your store? Give me one example of another...
  13. SionIV

It seems like most publishers/developers don't care about their reputation nowadays, and neither does The Epic Games Store.
  14. SionIV

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, and I'm not sure how much truth there is to this rumor. "Andrew also states that Baldurs Gate 3 will be a console exclusive for Stadia, but PC will get it on day 1." https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-google-stadia-show-scheduled-for-june-6th/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom