Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by shywn

1. shywn

Mature JRPGs

Maten densetsu has the atmosphere you want, but I don't think there's an english translation and it's doubtful that it's a very good game.
  2. shywn

Which programming language did you choose and why?

Not unlike Perl and JS. Like Perl and JS. Perl has had objects for thirty years now. And JavaScript has OO as well, with or without frameworks to the best of my knowledge; it's just a rather different type of object-orientation. (Please stop calling it PERL, btw. It is not an acronym.) To me...
  3. shywn

Which programming language did you choose and why?

Hmm? So is Python, Ruby, JavaScript. The thing is, there are a lot of non-compiled languages ("scripting languages") around. They're exceptionally convenient for coding in general but they are often looked down upon because they're a fair bit slower and memory-hungrier than compiled languages...
  4. shywn

Anime Your test site sucks

You tell me. Those "media queries" or whatever they call them are the devil. They only work to make your CSS triple the size and double the convolution. I don't know how anyone can work with them. That said, the collapsed troll is not very good:
  5. shywn

I am using whatever is the default. It says "XenForo Theme" at the bottom, so I guess I am?
  6. shywn

It was never the styling part that couldn't be fixed. It's the changes in functionality that bothers me. But it seems I'm the only one who brought that up; everybody else just looked at the site and went "nope" -- never even tried to use it. By the way, speaking of wasted space:
  7. shywn

Anyone noticed how clicking on an image in a post, instead of enlarging it, leads to a gallery view? That'll make let's plays so much better now that you can just skip all the text.
  8. shywn

Yay, we'll get link previews ("oneboxing") with xenforo 2. I'm sure the people here will like all your links taking the equivalent of five rows of text: https://rpgcodex.net/xf2/threads/complaints-and-feedback.142993/post-7930090 Screenshot:
  9. shywn

RPG Codex Let's Play Database (4th Edition, WIP)

It's probably a good idea to integrate the archived links for some threads I made: here and here That's a really weird title you gave Daraku no kuni no Angie / Angie in Decadence-land Also, really proud of my brother let's play ↓
  10. shywn

There is såmethingg wrångg with this fånt but I dån't quite knåw what.
  11. shywn

This poll isn't any useful either. I never zoom in, but would still appreciate a small increase to font size. Like, 14px or so. For some reason the last twelve pages of thread have been about looks and appearances, and nothing more. There are some real usability issues as well that have been...
  12. shywn

Despite the popular belief, a lack of maintenance does not mean that a piece of software will be less secure. The security bugs don't just pop up out of nowhere -- they were there all along. Furthermore, a new major version does not mean that it will be more secure either. Major versions come...
  13. shywn

...no, 1.6em means 1.6 times the parent element's explicitly set font size, and in the case no such parent element exists, 1.6 times the browser's default font size. The browser's default font size is usually 16px (12pt). If your site is 16px, it's not because of the em size. Not sure why...
  14. shywn

I'm open to a 14px (10,5pt) font size. Running at <96 dpi, can't bother to calculate the exact dpi. 19" and 1280x1024. Anything more than that does feel off though. Depends on the site I guess. (Anything >=10pt is good for me. Current size is 9,75pt. A wee bit small.) I made two of my letsplays...
  15. shywn

I hear DarkUnderlord just hired Michael Jackson to scale the new design to my level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom