Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ShadowSpectre

1. ShadowSpectre

Hi Mask, who is probably Sorin? :P

Hi Mask, who is probably Sorin? :P
  2. ShadowSpectre

Assassin's Creed: Origins is a lot better than Odyssey

Origins had better fire and water effects, despite coming out first. Odyssey is more geographically correct. Both are historically inaccurate, and Origins had a better and more memorable OST. Kassanda/Alexios are a more interesting protagonist than Bayek and forced Aya plays though. Removing...
  3. ShadowSpectre

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

I've been saying for the past year or longer how the game looked like it was in development hell, as they kept releasing only the same playable area after months. Each update the same. Imagine my lack of surprise when it was cancelled. As is the common sentiment around here, good riddance to you...
  4. ShadowSpectre

Incline POST-ATOMIC Resumed

If this project actually releases by the end of the year and doesn't result in a Grimoire timeline sort of release date, I will be amazed. Hesitantly excited and optimistic for a post-apocalyptic game in this genre. Provided screen looks great already.
  5. ShadowSpectre

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Remember when the only area they kept showing was that one demo quest chasing that toad guy? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if earlier parts of the game are more polished than later parts. Some of the environments in the newer photos don't look much different than the original, here is a shot of...
  6. ShadowSpectre

Crysis Remastered

They must be out of money and will probably release the exact same game with some higher resolution textures and better character models. The original Crysis still destroys modern hardware. In before people start calling the Remaster a downgrade. :P
  7. ShadowSpectre

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Really not liking these revolving doors à la L4D style. How Capcom goes from cutscenes of when you open a door to this new remake style of flappy-doors, is beyond me. RE3R looks great and even the over-the-shoulder camera doesn't annoy me too much as a design change in context, but witnessing...
  8. ShadowSpectre

Interview Robert Kurvitz talks about writing Disco Elysium on GameSpot Audio Logs

Man, you must have participated in that gay zoomer pool party the other night and gotten your ass fucked so hard to be this butthurt by me, personally. Roguey already blew your arguments out of the water with photographic evidence. My preference is centered text within view and the action above...
  9. ShadowSpectre

Interview Robert Kurvitz talks about writing Disco Elysium on GameSpot Audio Logs

The Disco text is all right-sided on the screen. So on a widescreen monitor, you have to physically turn your head or eyes to read it properly, then center back for the game. It's shitty design. IE and Fallout design is superior as the text is centered and also narrows into a nice readable...
  10. ShadowSpectre

Vapourware RPGs that can legitimately be called masterpieces

You may want to learn how to spell "bourgeois" before calling someone a "fuckwit" or similar.
  11. ShadowSpectre

Pretty sure the version you reference is the one turned into DMC. Exploring a medieval castle you say? Cut to partway when gameplay begins of the first level. A lot of the game areas are basically gothic medieval.
  12. ShadowSpectre

The original RE4 was actually turned into the original Devil May Cry because the game got out of hand. There's also a reference early on in original DMC in an early level where you can look out the window and there is a comment about the city as well alluding to RE.
  13. ShadowSpectre

I'm with you on this. The RE games prior to 4th installment were as though you were watching and playing a protagonist in a horror movie at the same time. Doors and corners were possibly a dreadful encounter, so it created a lot of tension with the unknown. The later installments (and RE2...
  14. ShadowSpectre

Jill is kind of so-so here, but Carlos looks like he just crawled through some tunnel between the US and Mexican border before finally emerging on the other side.
  15. ShadowSpectre

Half-Life: Alyx - Valve's full-length flagship VR game set between HL1 and HL2

Most people will not bite the bullet and get a full VR set just for this one game. However, Half-Life: Alyx will probably be the most watched Let's Play due to the VR exclusivity and everyone waiting ages for HL3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom