Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Saark

1. Saark

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Yes, you'll basically kill the Medusa in the intro (or rather, get her to retreat) within seconds due to how much damage you do with just basic attacks, thanks to your stats. It's not really a big deal if you just grab a few low-level pawns and start playing a new vocation. But if you want an...
  2. Saark

It's not an excuse. Neither is your inability to read, both on the forums here where people repeatedly complained about the save system that should've warned you multiple times (myself included), or the actual in-game information that asks for confirmation before you load a game. Is the save...
  3. Saark

Game is definitely a bit too easy, skills like Augural Flare just instantly kill any opponent, including , in just a single cast. But there's already some mods out there that double or quadruple the HP for the time being, until they figure out some nerfs to critical strikes and certain...
  4. Saark

Guess there is some NG+ specific stuff, at least I think it's NG+ because I haven't seen it before. Can't say how impactful it is yet. Could also just be lv 50+ stuff or some other trigger.
  5. Saark

There's some decent benchmarks buried in this article as well, as well as some specifics as to what might be causing it, and what fixes we might be seeing in the future. https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/dragons-dogma-2-performance-analysis/ Unrelated -- For those who are as annoyed with the...
  6. Saark

The best moment in the game for me, but also one of the most annoying ones, was using one of those Ropewas in Battahl. After spending about 2 minutes on it, and being very close to my destination, being assailed by Harpies multiple times on my way already, a Gryphon decided to fly straight into...
  7. Saark

It's not a big deal, as enemies don't scale at all in NG+ and the stats you gain from leveling aren't supert impactful either, not at the level I'm at. So just picking up a new vocation makes it feel fresh the second time around. There's definitely some truth to it, the overall gameplay...
  8. Saark

I finished all the quests in it (from what I can tell, none of the cities had new ones for me, at least), and gave my thoughts a few pages ago. Overall I just can't put my finger on it, but something feels off about the game. Then again, it's the exact same I felt about the first one, which I...
  9. Saark

I felt the same way, but once you reach Battahl the magic stopped for me and the desire to explore every nook and cranny kind of went away. Or rather, I just wanted to make my way to the big city in it, and then unlock the remaining vocations. Problem is, the capital is on the opposite end of...
  10. Saark

At least it gives you a nice little info at the end. Apparently my #3 affinities were: Black guy from Vernworth, Black guy from Bakbattahl, Elven girl. Tbf, you get full Affinity with both the black guys from just doing the mainquest, but it definitely was hilarious
  11. Saark

I get that, I do. But it's just an issue of what you're used to. My previous PC was from 2015, and it wasn't next-gen back then either, so I ran most games at 20-30fps, less if it was GPU intensive. Some of the more modern games I simply couldn't run at all (but then I also didn't want to...
  12. Saark

It's kind of hard to say. I think if we remove BBI from the equation, then DD2 beats DD1. Neither game was very difficult, but I played Strider in DD1 and Sorc in DD2, so maybe that's part of the reason why I found fights to be much easier and less exciting. Or maybe it's just cause I've gotten...
  13. Saark

Well, finished the game and post-game. Overall the game is a solid 7/10 (where that actually means it's a good game, not like those Game Journos who only rate from 6 to 10). Took me ~37hrs to finish, which is definitely on the short side, and I don't get the feeling that I missed many quests...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom