Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by RossD20Studios

1. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Hi again, Absinthe! I recently did an interview with Seth Burn for the Anime Herald. It's probably the most in depth interview I've ever done, and I wanted to call it to your attention because it answers many of the questions you raised about my motivations and thought process behind the game...
  2. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Thanks again for the continuing support and feedback, everyone! Duly noted. So today I'm sharing a photo of myself and my wife, Kelly, who also works everyday with me developing the game and communicating with our players. Kelly and I work both work 80+ hours a week developing Summoners Fate...
  3. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Here's my second UI mock-up attempt. I've increased the playable grid space to 9x14, further reduced the UI size, and balanced the left and right sides by unwrapping the multi function buttons to reveal their other states up front (ex: replay and skip). Circular style is replaced with rectangles...
  4. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Hey everyone! While I haven't yet got the smaller PC buttons/layout implemented in the engine yet, I was able to implement your suggestion of larger size map. Here's a recording of me playing on the PC. Let me know what you think.
  5. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

I also wanted to mention we are currently 97% funded on Kickstarter with 6 days to go. I would greatly appreciate your support and if you wish you can do so here.
  6. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Absinthe, I just wanted to clarify I've got no hard feelings toward you and sincerely appreciate the time and thought you put into your feedback. Sometimes it's hard to interpret the tone on the other end reading a post, and I want you to know that I very much respect what you have to say. To...
  7. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Oh of course! The levels scale/zoom based to fill the screen based on the size of room being entered. So a larger grid naturally zooms out, smaller room zooms in. See the temple ruins screenshot from an earlier post (ignore the UI on it, that is definitely oversize as you described). Re: Small...
  8. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Thank you for pushing me on this, I owe you one for bringing this to my attention and I do think this looks much better for PC. Yeah, I'm troubled by that empty space on the right as well, not quite sure what to do about that yet. Do you think it would help to condense the mana to a Diablo style...
  9. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Yes, of course I have asked myself these questions. This isn't my first rodeo. My first game, Hero Mages, was a successful indie title (not earth shattering success, mind you, but successful), and when I made that game, I knew absolutely nothing about the game industry. I took time every day to...
  10. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Alright, here's my first attempt with the initial feedback. I'm not the game artist, I'm just trying to get a sense of layout and scale to direct the artist. Please rip this apart and help me refine it.
  11. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Your point here is why I maintain faith that my game can work. Freemium money milking and advertisement bombardment have absolutely destroyed the reputation of mobile games. By virtue of this, I believe a market demand is created that will help us succeed, even in the event that we aren't...
  12. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Within the dimension that our characters live in, people and animals are actually born with a specialized joint in their neck that allows them to directly up to the heavens (not unlike how an owl can easily rotate its head around). We thought this would spare the poor little guys ;) You're...
  13. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Nice, see my last post to the folks above. I will mock those up and would love your feedback as well. There's a great story about the Aeron chair, widely popular in offices today, and how its initial reception was "Awkward..." because it was so outside the box at the time. People got used to...
  14. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Thanks so much guys, this is feedback I can run with. Tell you what I'll do- I will create some mockups/layouts and post them back here later today for your feedback. If you think the layout/size/proportions look good, I will take your suggestions and pass them along to my art team to illustrate...
  15. RossD20Studios

Summoners Fate

Indeed, so help me out here. Without changing the character/environment art, what can I change about the screenshot images to make a better impression? UI style, larger maps, etc? Here's an example of bigger map. Give me some tips, I'll fix it up and repost for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom