Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by RoSoDude

1. RoSoDude

Dying Light

Full list of Hard mode changes. You can switch the difficulty mid playthrough, but only from the start menu. I would advise most players start on Normal for a bit, since the bashing sticks you get are pitifully useless for killing undead until survivor rank 9 or so, when there is a sudden jump...
  2. RoSoDude

Dying Light

Most of the gameplay overhaul mods for Dying Light are heavy-handed and turn the game into something it was never supposed to be. Most of it guided by muh realism, or removing fun shit like the grappling hook. You could call me biased I suppose — the dearth of good hardcore/balance mods is why I...
  3. RoSoDude

Squeenix Best Final Fantasy

Just imagine if those sprites were animated too :shredder: I'm definitely asking for too much, the artistic mastery on display in FF6 is already stellar.
  4. RoSoDude

Sure, I largely agree, which is why I deliberately avoided taking those guys along for the early dungeons as soon as I had the choice, so I wouldn't just steamroll everything. I have in my mind a bunch of ideas for rebalancing the game without going full modderbrain (most FF6 overhauls gut the...
  5. RoSoDude

Today I have finally finished Final Fantasy 6. Extremely good game, I think I enjoyed it slightly more than FF7 (which I wrote about here), however the latter is undeniably better in some respects. I actually think they're pretty similar games in their broad intentions, with FF6 being almost a...
  6. RoSoDude

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

No, there is. I don't think you realize the gulf of difference between a player who tries to play Prey like an action shooter (especially if unskilled at such) vs. a player who can quickly internalize stat-driven features of combat. Prey's combat can actually be rather difficult if you just try...
  7. RoSoDude

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Bioshock is a dogshit FPS/RPG first, disgrace to ImSims second. Terrible gunplay (have you seen those animations? WTF is that 1-frame recoil? enemies don't even react to your bullets), SS2 honestly has better feeling guns from its barebones recoil simulation and hit stun. Seriously, look at a...
  8. RoSoDude

In the first half of the game you're getting introduced to new enemies all the time. Mimics, phantoms (normal, thermal, etheric, voltaic), operators, cystoids, weavers, technopaths, telepaths, poltergeists, the nightmare. This is up to the Arboretum, at which point you've been able to find a...
  9. RoSoDude

Unofficial patches for Thief and other PC games

There are a bunch of minor changes to the single-player maps in the Deus Ex patches, like changing the number of enemies, where certain items are found, etc. I've been digging around the old Eidos Interactive site on wayback machine to try to find the patch history but it's somewhat elusive...
  10. RoSoDude

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

All of the weapon skills do affect damage output. It's +20% at Trained, +30% at Advanced, +50% at Master level, i.e. damage is doubled at Master level. A big problem with investing in zero technical skills of any kind is that you will be functionally locked out of acquiring many weapon mods and...
  11. RoSoDude

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Maybe I'm just hopped up on hopium, but I think that reference is just to gesture at the time-manipulation story stuff, as opposed to teen drama where everyone says "hella" all the time. It seems based on the earlier screenshot that we still have an inventory (the "Things" tab), and we know...
  12. RoSoDude

One of the narrative designers for the Bachelor campaign posted a now-hidden page on her website with gameplay information and concept art/screenshots for the game, which was quickly rehosted to reddit. Here are the contents of that page:
  13. RoSoDude

Some news on the Bachelor campaign! https://teletype.in/@icepicklodge/1UeQEI9YTAS
  14. RoSoDude

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Having looked over most of the enemy/item placement changes in SotFS (which is the only version I've played), I probably agree that the base game designs were generally more coherent. The Flexile Sentry in Sinner's Rise was particularly dumb, as were all the changes to Drangleic Castle. There's...
  15. RoSoDude

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

I watched the entire video at 0.5x speed because I love you (in just the same way Christ loves all of God's children), and I have to tell you that while there is some bullshit on display (Freja's laser, Stone Dragon's stomp, Mimic's bite are all notorious), so so many of these are just bad...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom