Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by RatTower

1. RatTower

KickStarter Monomyth - A first person action RPG/dungeon crawler - now in Open Backer Beta

Feel free to share it. A few duplicates exist, but after Beta 5 keys will be locked anyway.
  2. RatTower

KickStarter Monomyth - A first person action RPG/dungeon crawler - now in Open Backer Beta

I already sent a mail with the fundraiser keys to DarkUnderlord :salute:
  3. RatTower

Codex was buck broken by gay bear. Ass all open, head empty.

I think BG3's main problem was its story being sabotaged by its design (or the other way around, however you like to look at it). The initial motivation was "You have a bomb in your head! Hurry!" - but then, the game is designed in a way, that you can completely go off the rails and ignore...
  4. RatTower

Nature of the beast I'm afraid. I'd love to show nothing and just surprise people with the final result. But I'm afraid that would be really bad for wishlists and steam algorithm visibility (and also for feedback). I try limiting myself to early ingame footage. I believe I have barely shown...
  5. RatTower

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

If this game shows anything, it is the massive disconnect between Twitter and people who actually buy/play games. No big surprise for anyone familiar with the data by the way:
  6. RatTower

The crosshair's transparency represents the player's visibility (full transparency = invisible).
  7. RatTower

UE4 generates those logs. I have never selected any logging, so I'd assume it's a standard configuration. Yes, Monomyth uses the distance between the player and light sources to calculate the player's visibility. Oh yeah, that's an old animation. I'll polish archery together with stealth. I...
  8. RatTower

Stabs have a slightly higher range while overhead strikes take a bit longer to charge (maces have the highest base damage though).
  9. RatTower

Lunacid - first-person RPG inspired by King's Field and Shadow Tower - now on Early Access

I played it a bit during early access, but that was almost a year ago or so. Haven't had much time to look into the full release yet.
  10. RatTower

It depends. If you are a programmer I would say yes. The problem with YT tutorials is that most of them are either very basic or about very specialized use cases ("how to make this specific material" etc). Besides Epic's training material, it's hard to find videos on more advanced topics. So...
  11. RatTower

UE4 is technically a C++ engine. However, most scripting is done in a visual wrapper called Blueprint, which is roughly at the complexity of Java 1.4/C# 1.0 (or whatever the version before generics was). Knowing C++ is still a major advantage though, since sometimes (rarely, but still) you need...
  12. RatTower

I am using UE4. Right now I am preparing the upload of Beta Patch 4, after which I will finally be able to concentrate on polishing. I still have to do a playthrough of the new regions, then rebuild the lighting and whatnot. I'll try to get to the Open Backer Beta as soon as possible, though...
  13. RatTower

A problem with RPGs: RPG developers are not well-read in myth and fantasy/sci-fi literature

Now that's a proper derailment if I've ever caused one :-D Oh, I have no doubt that in pragmatically organized tribes women will take part in animal trapping and hunting small game. That certainly makes sense, since that doesn't necessarily involve the same amount of danger (thinking about...
  14. RatTower

A problem with RPGs: RPG developers are not well-read in myth and fantasy/sci-fi literature

I encountered a funny example of this yesterday. I read a race description in the character creator of a relatively popular modern RPG. I'm not gonna name names, but the gist of it was this: There is a tribal race in this fantasy setting that lives in boreal regions. It is specifically stated...
  15. RatTower

I would have agreed ten years ago. Today I wouldn't even go that far. Today, it feels like some writers have never even had a normal conversation before. That's how their dialogue reads. It's either stiff or overly quippy. There seems to be nothing in between. Think of the first two episodes of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom