Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by RationalLunatic

1. RationalLunatic

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Not really. We've got almost black screen with some narration. In PST we had an intro cinematic that quite nicely set the tone and introduced player to Mortuary.
  2. RationalLunatic

Things T:TON Did Right and Constructive Criticism for a Sequel

Establish strong rules for your world of limitless possibilities, so it won't end up being random. Remember that such rules don't have to be logical. Take Alice in Wonderland where there is a bottle with a label 'Drink me' and cake with 'Eat me' written on it - both change sizes. Logical? No...
  3. RationalLunatic

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

I feel you, bro. It's like this game can't even do a good job at allowing you to hate it. Not awfully bad, by no means great, just meh.
  4. RationalLunatic

Torment Why isn't it possible to read FFG's diary?

I've always thought so. If not directly, by following one of TNO's previous incarnation, then indirectly by stories of the nameless one that constantly escapes Blood War (being tanar'ri she can know a thing or two about it). Plus, she has a crush on you. I guess she would prefer to tell you by...
  5. RationalLunatic

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #66: Post-Release Plans

As Chris Avelltwo said, they have to show they're competent and can deliver by restoring cuts/missing content. Rebuilding trust isn't the worst idea, especially if you want to sell more products in the future. Besides, TTON is rather short and doesn't offer that such on the second playthrough...
  6. RationalLunatic

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Thanks for the review, Prime Junta! I really appreciate you've kept it short, as this game is material for numerous essays on 'what went wrong'. It's a shame Tworment is so bland. It isn't the setting only - story, characters, music, sound effects, quests, combat all of it is just boring and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom