Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Puukko

1. Puukko

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

This is a fine principle... I just hate western voice actors far, far more than AI, and spite is the stronger principle. Same with artists.
  2. Puukko

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

With Wii U games there's no good source I know of. Ziperto has em, but it's all split up and you need several layers of protection before going in.
  3. Puukko

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

I feel like at this point you could do a doctoral dissertation on these shaders, or at least a 4 hour video essay. An absurd number of settings, many of which I have no idea what they even do. :lol: I've mostly been trying to get the curvature right, and the reflections subdued enough. I wonder...
  4. Puukko

It works! :incline: The problem turned out to be my copy of the game, something had happened to the meta folder and I noticed the emulator wasn't recognizing the game despite running it so none of the patches would apply. Grabbed a newer patch and the DLC while I was at it Game scales...
  5. Puukko

Why not try ryujinx? It's the emulator that's not dead. I haven't tested it in a long while but I'm almost certain I hit 60 fps on a 5600x on ryujinx in the first colony back when I last tested it. Also, could I bother you to give me your exact Cemu setup for XBX? Emulator version, 60 fps patch...
  6. Puukko

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

Ryza was my first ( :smug: ) and after I played others in the series it cemented itself as my least favorite. Well, there's Sophie 1 which just didn't impress me at all, but I'm not going to judge it the same as a game I actually beat. After 45 hours, I beat the main story in Fate Samurai...
  7. Puukko

Fate/Samurai Remnant

How exactly does the progress in the DLC get tracked? It told me progress would be lost if exiting and sure enough, the one mission I had done as Miyamoto went down the drain and it started from the beginning. But does it track when you clear each team's content, or do you literally have to do...
  8. Puukko

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

That's the trend with modern games. Reshade should be an easy fix. I'm split on whether to start off as a thief or ranger to pair up with my fighter pawn. A ranged class has an easier time surveying battles but I do also want to get a feel for melee combat. Haven't checked out gameplay videos...
  9. Puukko

The presets are butt ugly but you absolutely can make something good. Really happy with how my pawn turned out.
  10. Puukko

I would say modders know what must be done, but... In any case, grabbed my copy, despite Capcpom's best attempts to sabotage that decision. Going in blind, no footage beforehand and using a guide while playing will be my last resort. If that demo does come out I'll use it strictly for testing...
  11. Puukko

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

All the 3DS titles could use a remastering treatment. Clean up the art and UIs and refit for a non-ant display and that's already like 80% of the work done.
  12. Puukko

It's up: Denuvo, as was to be expected.
  13. Puukko

Lies of P - a Pinocchio-Inspired Souls-Like Game

Scrapped watchman is the filter boss, there to make sure you're up to snuff with parrying. I thought he was a highlight and it was fun to learn the timings. And this is the first game where I decided to git gud at parrying right at the start.
  14. Puukko

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

I'm hoping the expansion comes with a death blight swamp.
  15. Puukko

I did emulate the original, I think I may be looking forward to this rerelease more than the Elden Ring expansion. I'm not expecting anything though since that's not what you specified.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom