Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ProphetSword

1. ProphetSword

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

In the years I've been on the Codex, I have seen some really edgy try-hard responses from people, but this one is probably the dumbest I've ever seen. If you want people to stop belittling your ideas, stop responding with cringe like this and produce something tangible that shows progress is...
  2. ProphetSword

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

I haven't played it in a couple of weeks, but I remember really being drawn into it. It reminded me so much of an updated Gold-Box game mixed with a M&M VI-style blobber that I almost couldn't believe how well it married those two game styles. I'm anxiously awaiting the game to be in a more...
  3. ProphetSword

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

Made it hours into the game, all the way to the first city. Did some missions there, got to 2nd level. Update today. Save games no longer load. Guess I'll come back when that stops happening.
  4. ProphetSword

It's been a really long time since I felt like someone built the kind of game I really love. But, holy crap, I think this could be it. It's like if someone took games like Might & Magic and Wizardry and then mashed it together with a Gold-Box combat engine. I didn't want to quit the session I...
  5. ProphetSword

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

I've mentioned this before, but you can get better sound in the DOS version by setting the sound in DOSBox to Tandy. The Steam versions of the Gold-Box games do this by default, and have much improved sound over standard DOS PC Speaker sound (which is what the GOG versions use and what most...
  6. ProphetSword

Is AI the future of Indie RPGs?

These are being made specifically for Dungeon Craft and FRUA. If people want to use them for IceBlink, I can make them available, but no one has asked about it yet.
  7. ProphetSword

Any geniuses out there know if it's possible to inject artwork into the Gold Box games to replace the original artwork? I've been working on updating the images from Champions of Krynn, and I'd love to know if there's a way to do that. Here's an example of what I'm doing using AI and Photoshop:
  8. ProphetSword

Is AI the future of Indie RPGs?

I try to use AI not for the future of games, but for updating the past. Like this updated artwork I'm working on for Champions of Krynn... I'm hoping some genius out there can use their skills to inject images like this in place of the pixelated EGA artwork so that we can get more people...
  9. ProphetSword

See what I mean? This is why you should play the game blind. All this stuff everyone's talking about...none of it matters. Ultimately, none of it is necessary to beat the game. Don't listen to people who say you shouldn't multiclass or that you should dual-class everyone. I've played all...
  10. ProphetSword

Completely blind, ignoring any and all advice you will find on this forum or anywhere else. Roll up characters you like, explore the city, save often. This is how we all experienced it back when it was new. You do not need specific builds, perfect party configuration or any kind of special...
  11. ProphetSword

Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) thread

I wouldn't say they're "selling" the cluebook, since it's free. You can find a forum thread about the game on the Unlimited Adventures forums in this location, which includes links to the cluebook and other text files, as well as the actual game files...
  12. ProphetSword

It's not exact, but it's close enough that I think most people would have a better experience if they changed the sound from PC Speaker to Tandy.
  13. ProphetSword

You can get those same sounds on the PC version of PoR by setting the sound to Tandy. By default, most configurations are set to PC Speaker. By default, the Steam versions of the games are already configured this way.
  14. ProphetSword

D&D 5E Discussion

Shit GM. I know that's not the answer you wanted, but it's the most accurate answer. It's the answer to the first couple of problems. I've been a DM for 40 years. I'm the guy who's always the DM (which is what happens when you're really, really good at it and nobody else wants the job)...
  15. ProphetSword

Which RPG has the deepest, most fun tactical combat you have ever seen? (presumably TB)

Obviously it would be the Gold Box Games. Pool of Radiance forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom