Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by prodigydancer

1. prodigydancer

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Last time I used Win 7 was probably in 2016. No idea who was talking about it but it wasn't me (misquoted).
  2. prodigydancer

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

The legion battles are just a minigame like hacking in a sci-fi game. Things like crafting and minigames tend to be very repetitive. I'm not a huge fan of either but they are very common so I see no point in complaining. I'm already on the highest difficulty, and I'm probably spoiled by games...
  3. prodigydancer

I'm near the end of Act 2 now, and I'm so ambivalent about this game. The storyline is perfectly alright thus far (if you don't expect anything to be historically accurate). The characters are great. The writing is occasionally anachronistic but most of the time head and shoulders above what...
  4. prodigydancer

To be fair, it looks more like a slightly higher resolution Oblivion in space. Which it is. Seventeen freaking years later.
  5. prodigydancer

Even by Bethesda's standards (and I'm sorry for putting words "Bethesda" and "standards" in the same sentence) Starfailed is a new low. A grenade exploding in the water doesn't even make a splash in a supposedly AAA game in 2023, really? "B-b-but it doesn't matter, it's an RPG!" Yeah, it's an...
  6. prodigydancer

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

The implementation is honest but also poorly though out. The developers 1:1 copied as many things from 5E as their budget allowed and mostly selected those things randomly. There is a mod called Unfinished Business, and it exists for a reason. The game is also very combat-oriented with things...
  7. prodigydancer

Disco Elysium and BG3 are both fine games, no doubt, but Metacritic is trash and so is their metascore that rates Planescape: Torment 91st. There is no universe in our Multiverse where could possible exist 90 games better than PS:T.
  8. prodigydancer

It's D&D. Difficult terrain combined with AoE DoTs and/or CC wins fights. So it was in PoE/PoE2 even though they were not strictly D&D. So it was in Kingmaker. So it was in Solasta. I haven't played BG3 yet but I strongly suspect it's just the same thing here as everywhere else. I see. Push...
  9. prodigydancer

Bro, you're describing every CRPG in existence here. If you know what you're doing, any video game is easy because it's just a video game. If you want combat where it may be mathematically impossible to win a particualr fight, try roguelike games. However, roguelikes aren't necessarily more...
  10. prodigydancer

When I bought Baldur's Gate in 1998 I knew practically nothing about RPGs. I knew such games existed only because I had played Diablo. D&D? What's that? You'll probably laugh but there were exactly two reasons why I decided to try BG: 1) I loved Diablo. 2) There was a small but very...
  11. prodigydancer

I'm playing this game right after Knight's Tale and the latter is a much better overall tactical game. KA:KT has better itemization including items you can build around and cool skills with synergies. In E:R a sword with Lunge makes all other weapons pointless and archers with Versatile will...
  12. prodigydancer

I do realize that D:OS2 last gift bags and patches happened two years after release. Likewise, I was very skeptical about Kingmaker but Owlcat proved me wrong. They did care and they fixed the whole thing. For contrast, Tides of Numenera was a letdown not because of cut content per se, but...
  13. prodigydancer

The way the discussion about the "new standard" is framed is utterly disgusting but not the least surprising. Most articles have something like "developers are concerned" in the title, as though the possibility of higher quality releases is actually a legitimate concern. According to them, the...
  14. prodigydancer

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Uh... yeah... whatever you say, dude. :backawayslowly:
  15. prodigydancer

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

Come on. I heard Grimoire was released last friday, so I'm fairly positive about Stoneshard now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom