Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Primordial Soup Nazi

1. Editorial Tacticular Cancer Needs YOU

Well...if you're really desperate, I could fire up Red Alert 2 again and churn out a review for that mamma-jamma; I have no qualms with judiciously (read: indiscriminately) mowing down the commie hordes to defend 'Murrica's national treasures fast-food eateries while bobbing my head to Hell...
  2. The Video Game Music Thread

Ooh, how did I not see this thread until now? I wish I weren't brofistially-challenged; I'd be tossing them out left-and-right in this thread. A few of the many tunes that have made my gaming career so enjoyable over the years; first some chip-tunes: Shinobi 3-...
  3. List of Historical RPGs

Meriwether looks pretty damn historical. It remains to be seen if it will be much fun or not (I threw a few bucks at it, so I'm hoping yes).
  4. Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Oh, fuck off. If Actiblizzard had any inkling of how conduct serviceable public relations, they'd drop this degenerate turdsniffer like a bad habit. Instead, we get "Well, y'all ain't really diggin' mah genius, so Imma go work mah magic on another Bliz intellectual propertay. Deuces!"
  5. Information Fallout to Become a TV Show?

"You can't just walk into The Glow. There's OVER 9000 rads!"
  6. Wildman Discussion Thread

I dunno. Some of what they propose in their textual description sounds like it could, potentially, be fun, but fuckin'-A...that pitch video was garbage; nothing but vapid buzz-words. In-and-of-itself, I think their hybridization angle could make a pretty fresh game, but that video really gives...
  7. Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #24: Screenshots and stuff, actual game footage coming soon

I have a moderate amount of faith in the project, but the general dearth of updates precludes me from having any faith in this game having much post-Kickstarter financial success. Even if release is forever-and-a-day away, I don't think some increased public relations would be unreasonable; the...
  8. PC Gamer, good trolls or best trolls?

Exactly. Plus, the feel of a post-apocalyptic setting (which, at the time, wasn't the flavour of every other game released...unlike today...), mixed with a 1950's retro-future aesthetic was very, very fresh compared to Generic Fantasy Setting #339. Heh, I remember that. I'd see those ads for...
  9. KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/606952192/fear-the-silent-multiplayer-virtual-world-game-via?ref=category You're welcome. ...feeyah de silent!:dance:
  10. What game are you wasting time on?

They're underrated; while not really in the spirit of the original Deus Ex, in-and-of-themselves, they're pretty fun IMO (final boss notwithstanding; that one blew ass). The Yelena Federova fight was slick. I just wish they were a bit more difficult. This x10. As for the thread topic, I'm...
  11. PC Gamer, good trolls or best trolls?

Not to get all circle-jerky, but... You and I are of the same (or similar) age(s), and have both achieved an awakening to gaming enlightenment through the same means; I salute you, and extend to you a
  12. PC Gamer, good trolls or best trolls?

Speaking of PC Gamer & Fallout, I remember playing that proto-Junktown Fallout demo (which, in contrast to today's demos, came out before the game was released in its complete splendor) on one of the mag's discs; that demo really opened my eyes to the virtues of PC games instead of console...
  13. PC Gamer, good trolls or best trolls?

The Vede was a hip cat, and you're spot-on about his departure sticking the final nail the rag's coffin. His Arcanum review actually influenced my decision to purchase it (and unlike their ratings nowadays, it was a well-deserved 90something%).
  14. Best opening area in an RPG

I disagree; the intro dungeon is a hodge-podge in much the same way the rest of the game is, environmentally. There is a high fantasy element to the game, sure, but then you have environs like the Planar Sphere and Spellhold, which are a bit of a departure. Eh, hyperbole. You're also engaging...
  15. Best opening area in an RPG

My favorites: Morrowind; Seyda Neen- You're a newly released prisoner. In a swamp town. With a giant invertebrate as your means of fast-travel. You're given a mission...but no railroads in sight to force you into it (immediately or ever). You can invent your own class. Whats not to like...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom