Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by PowerTorment

1. PowerTorment

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

Yay! I worked on this. I am so pleased the reviewers so far like it.
  2. PowerTorment

Grimoire Thread

After reaching Mostly Positive I am suddenly excisted. Soon my printed manual, printed hint book, physical DRM free DVD and more will come in the post. It is only slightly delayed.
  3. PowerTorment

Grimoire Thread

According to Arthur Dent the best solution to this problem is to lie down in front of the bulldozer in your bathrobe and hope some Vogons are going to build an intergalactic highway through Earth.
  4. PowerTorment

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Buy here if you want IOI to have bigger cut and give less to Valve...
  5. PowerTorment

Yes, at one point we did some prototyping in Unreal because, at that point, Glacier 2 did not support the multi-player features they needed for that prototype. And everybody on the tech team was busy releasing another game. I also recall we used Unity for some mobile game prototype many years...
  6. PowerTorment

What are you talking about? It is using the Glacier 2 (Hitman) engine. We are not using Unreal at IOI for anything. All my work the last 11 years have been exclusively on Glacier 2.
  7. PowerTorment

Sorry, my bosses would kill me if I told. We are under strict orders not to say anything. One thing I do want to say is that I think a big reason for our recent success is our current CEO Hakan Abrak. He is a master at what he does. I have never seen anyone negotiate the deals he have done...
  8. PowerTorment

I have been working on tech in preparation for this new project for over a year now. It is an exciting time to be at IOI. The company has never been as smooth as these days. It is a well-oiled piece of machinery. It is very nice to be independent.
  9. PowerTorment

We are not dead yet... :) It has been two years so far since independence. Going well. Lots to do and many games to make.
  10. PowerTorment

Indie Games by the Codex?

I understood you the first time. Microsoft have not acquired IOI. According to the rumor mill Microsoft "considered" it. So we can't announce it if it did not happen, can we?
  11. PowerTorment

If they someday acquire us? :) It would be a bit weird otherwise, don't you think?
  12. PowerTorment

I am just a cog in a big machinery, so it must be for someone else to decide if I belong on that list. Games I worked on: Total Overdose, Chili Con Carnage, Watchmen - the End is Nigh. Hitman Absolution. HITMAN (2016). HITMAN 2 (2018). I have before disclosed my identity at the Codex. So this is...
  13. PowerTorment

Platige did some, yes, but to my knowledge most of the Season 1 cinematics was done by Visual Works - which is a CGI group under Square Enix.
  14. PowerTorment

Sorry to spoil your fun, but that crack doesn't work.
  15. PowerTorment

If you buy Hitman 2 you get only the new levels. If you buy the legacy DLC pack you get the old levels in remastered format. If you already own Season 1 (GOTY not required) then you get the legacy DLC pack for free. If you own Season 1 but not Hitman 2 you can still play the legacy pack. And to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom