Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Pope Amole II

1. Pope Amole II

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

Decided to do another quick one:
  2. Pope Amole II

That's hardly a cheat but nah, no need. You're getting Foulfang from the obelisk treasure and that's better than any natural vampiric dagger. Before the Grayface patch, you could even dual-wield them as the vault would respawn yearly. On the other hand, with Grayface the Dagger's damage is...
  3. Pope Amole II

Heroism, Bless, Spirit Lash, Shared life. First two are obvious - 40 skill levels for +65 attack/damage (I have the ring equipped) is a mighty fine deal. Spirit lash has trash-tier range but it's the only AoE that a Vampire has. Mind you, it's also quite dubious AoE but it's capable of hitting...
  4. Pope Amole II

Finished my solo-vamp VIII run. Was surprisingly fun, tbh - she's quite op in the late game but you need to be rather creative to get there. And her wide array of tools allows for that creativity. Endgame stats (with max power white potion boosts): Skills (Body magic should've been 10 but...
  5. Pope Amole II

Today I've uploaded the juiciest part of my M&M 8 solo-vamp LP - pretty much the reason I've started it in the first place. A lonely vampire taking on a max-level arena - that is, 20 lvl 100 monsters. Quite doable if you put some mind into it. Relevant part starts at 1:06:00
  6. Pope Amole II

That's not true. Physical classes have three advantages over magical ones: 1. They act faster. Melee attacks, one way or another, get down to minimal 30 recovery time. With grayface patches that's spear & sword combo. Without them, that's just two handed axes, eventually turning into ax &...
  7. Pope Amole II

Eh, checked out my last year's solo let's play and killing everything that moves in any of those locations took 30-40 minutes at the very most. Git gud. On a more serious note - the only way these games are enjoyable (especially VI) is by power-playing the hell out of them. If you power-play...
  8. Pope Amole II

That's just an illusion - resists are very random in these games with rolls swinging wildly. A resist of 40 (something that is common enough around first-tier high-level monster) means that you have: ~58% chance to deal full damage. ~24% chance to deal half damage. ~10% chance to deal quarter...
  9. Pope Amole II

Not really. While it sports the highest damage, it also sports a staggering mana cost. Which, unless you enjoy recharge runs every 5 minutes, matters a lot. To give the exact numbers, 1 Shrapmetal deals 75% more damage than one Fireblast, but it also costs 333% more. 175% dmg for 3.33 times the...
  10. Pope Amole II

Magic the Gathering Arena

Since diamond is a bit too tryhard for my tastes (well, I always welcome the challenge, but you need 80% winrate to stay infinite there and that's cosmic), I'm clubbing the baby seals in the trad draft. 3-0: Just a nice combo of tempo and card advantage. Which is kinda pointless if you can't...
  11. Pope Amole II

Well, that's how quick drafting is in MTGA. Especially when you know your way around the bots - they're very eager to settle in 2 colors so it's kinda easy to predict what will flow in pack 2. Humans are much peskier in this sense as it's pointless to send signals and whatnot - often you feel...
  12. Pope Amole II

6-3 UG quickie: A rather unorthodox build since it relies much less on the kicker and much more on the overall landfall & tempo. I guess relic amulet too - with all the drawing it got charged turbo-fast and actually won me a couple of games on its own. The overall card quality is quite...
  13. Pope Amole II

Decided to return to mtga on a whim, done a couple of weeks of lazy ZNR draft - mostly Traditonals as they're the best payoffs for the player of my skill. For example, look at this 3-0 deck: The funniest thing here is that p1p1 was Jace and p1p1 & p1p2 also had Spoils of Adventure. So, having...
  14. Pope Amole II

World of Horror - cosmic horror adventure/RPG with 1-bit aesthetics

Eh, Ito isn't really about plot or sense. His works are nightmare-ish in the most direct sense of that word - most of them would've been totally natural as a bad dream because it's not like nightmares tend to be 100% logical and reasonable. I guess it would've been fantastic to see David Lynch...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom