Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by pbrand

1. pbrand

Vapourware "Yasumi Matsuno may or may not be surprised his new game is being released" Unsung Story thread

I appreciate their honesty, but the fact that Playdek burnt bridges with Akihiko Yoshida (you know, by not paying him) before Little Orbit even entered the picture is really going to seal the deal with the artwork. From all those backer comments, it seems 2 things are clear: they have high...
  2. pbrand

Random JRPG News Thread

Unique if nothing else. It's kung fu drama, so if you are/were into Hong Kong action flicks it's basically your game in terms of the story. I feel like most martial arts games tend to be fighting games and never pay any attention to narrative, so Shenmue fills the gap.
  3. pbrand

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Prelocked and preloaded. It's heartening to see so many reviews giving it at least an 8 considering I don't usually buy games on release day
  4. pbrand

Gleaner Heights: A mystery farming sim

I like the arrangement / drums / bell / synth but something about the squeakiness of the sax might get grating depending on the potential length of the fight. IMO you should pursue some sort of melodic instrument that complements the bell to emphasize the underground/mine theme. Not really sure...
  5. pbrand

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

What are you using to record? I usually do Open Broadcaster+WebM For Retards or ScreenToGif (webm and gif respectively) myself.
  6. pbrand

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Wasn't it Paradox who invented the modern concept of DLC in the first place? So it's more like EA being more Paradoxish, but being wildly more successful
  7. pbrand

Preview Swen Vincke's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Presentation at EGX Rezzed 2017

>We want other characters world to know about what the players have done I think that's been the missing link between tabletop and video game RPGs for a while, which has resulted in embarrassing stuff like becoming the archmage in Elder Scrolls and still being treated by a pauper in the...
  8. pbrand

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

I don't feel comfortable shilling in another person's thread, so eventually I might make my own thread for that after I've settled in a bit. I'll PM you when I do
  9. pbrand

Game News Expeditions: Viking February Newsletter: New Beta Coming March 15th, Spear Abilities

I found Conquistador to be a pretty refreshing experience, but a lot of that enjoyment was from the setting. High hopes for Vikings to marry setting and mechanics as well as Conquistador did.
  10. pbrand

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

Fellow tactical RPG developer! Backed it to show support for our genre :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom