Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Paula Tormeson IV

1. Risen

You also could always choose the "I don't remember you" dialogue option. (The hero had been kept alive under tons of rock by his magic armor, but had lost most of his memories, including his abilities, by the time Xardas saved him at the beginning of Gothic 2.)
  2. Risen

The meaning of the above is a bit vague at best. What I meant by not having to time your attacks was that the combo wouldn't break even if you pushed the button any number of times while attacking. There's some timing involved in knowing when to start the combo, when your opponent is...
  3. Risen

Another obvious decline is that you don't have to time your blocks. No damage taken from blocking either. Of course, you don't have to time your normal attacks either, although apparently a well-timed combo is faster.
  4. Risen

Risen feels a lot like dumbed down Gothic. The most obvious decline is the missing chance-to-hit for each weapon type. (Like Gothic 3, Risen doesn't have any sort of hit-or-not calculation.) The most satisfying experience in NotR, character-building wise, was trying to balance strength (damage)...
  5. Risen

I've been playing Risen like mad for the past day or two. A couple of hints for those who don't have the specs to play Risen decently but haven't yet played Gothic 2: Night of the Raven. The hints: Risen can't even begin to compare with the latter in terms of quality, and let's not forget...
  6. Favorite use of non-combat magic in a videogame?

The way things are moving, with physics engines and emergence, that's bound to happen soon enough. There is an awful lot of potential in levitate and telekinesis spells, yet to be properly untapped.
  7. Favorite use of non-combat magic in a videogame?

Levitate is the best spell ever.
  8. Two Worlds Enhanced Edition a.k.a Gothic 4 [Fagstar video]

Too much to do, to make a whole game.
  9. Two Worlds Enhanced Edition a.k.a Gothic 4 [Fagstar video]

So you're making a game. Yes? No? Why not? Do you want me to write the dialogue for you? There could be a special nomask-zone where all the quests and dialogue were written by me. That would be fun.
  10. Roger Ebert: VIDYA GAEMS CAN'T BE ART!!1

Art used to mean craftmanship. The modern meaning of art is a 19th-century invention, so very new, and also quite artificial and masturbatory, in that it's a hype word specifically created for the purpose of hyping. It's not a utility word with an honest meaning. The fame and value, both...
  11. Roger Ebert: VIDYA GAEMS CAN'T BE ART!!1

Cool. Thanks. Downloading it as I write.
  12. Two Worlds Enhanced Edition a.k.a Gothic 4 [Fagstar video]

Having some of the grass randomly pop up nearer than the rest is such a crappy way to increase the frame rate that ... do these people play their own games? Do they think they're selling them to complete braindeads? It's much less immersion breaking to have a bit lower overall draw-distance than...
  13. Is it possible to play a warrior mage in Gothic 2?

You can get your first paladin spell in the third chapter, when you actually become a paladin, if you take the militia path. You'll have to play the fire mage if you want a genuine spell-caster, and a variety of spells to choose from. Paladin spells aren't low level, and there are exactly as...
  14. Two Worlds Enhanced Edition a.k.a Gothic 4 [Fagstar video]

Sausage-finger is butthurt. So you can't appreciate genius. What the hell am I supposed to do about it?! Huh!???
  15. NotR bonuses

I'm using the default controls. I just can't find the configuration for that particular action. Speaking of weird!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that has something to do with my using a German version with a fan-made English translation (for subtitles, not menus!!!). Who the fuck knows. P.S. The English...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom