Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Parsifarka

1. Parsifarka

What's the best RTS faction, artistically?

This question cannot be answered correctly while Rise of Legends is out of the poll.
  2. Parsifarka

KickStarter Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake from Frogwares featuring the young Sherlock from Chapter One

Can't blame them for that. A company founded by French citizens, presided by some Waël Amr, taxed in Dublin is 100% Ukrainian.
  3. Parsifarka

Rumor: Bethesda has been in turmoil since the death of their CEO

Morrowind sales are meaningless unless taking the GOTY re-release the next year into account. In Spain I recall the original having few ads in specialized magazines citing the high scores but it was a rather obscure release, while when Ubisoft took over the publishing duties of the package with...
  4. Parsifarka

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

The first to come to my mind was Titus the Fox, sadly it doesn't hold the orange O theme nor the forest levels but who knows, sometimes memory fails.
  5. Parsifarka

Have any of the builds of Duke Nukem Forever ever leaked?

It depends: word is some will play the full version of the Duke Nukem Forever 2001 build as it should have been had it been completed before the fall, some the actual 2011 Gearbox release. In XBOX360. 75 FOV. While Randy Pitchford sings. FOREVER. So you better make your choice now.
  6. Parsifarka

Yes. You claim the soul is trapped in the body, so it follows that man really is only soul and his body an inessential nuisance, and that is retarded. I spoke of unity. You claim a man can alter his body pretending to become a woman while the soul remains unchanged and equally valid before the...
  7. Parsifarka

No. Man has always been body and soul (Genesis 2:7) and it's their separation through death that has been the punishment of sin: we are not trapped, we are our bodies until death severs us. God made our bodies (Psalm 139:13-16), and God will resurrect our bodies (John 20:22-28). You are...
  8. Parsifarka

Sonic the Hedgehog Appreciation Thread

Very nice, took me a couple hours to complete. Besides being a visual novel with a fun representation of the characters (I was surprised by how all-in they went with this Rouge), it does feature an actual game in the form of obstacle races Sonic must overcome in a perspective similar to Sonic 3D...
  9. Parsifarka

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

Well, I sparked my own curiosity with this remark as I hadn't given much thought to playing VF1 up to this point (as remarkable as it is, I regard VF2 as a consistent improvement in all fronts), but it turns out some holy men uploaded it to Archive.org, and it works really well. Through the...
  10. Parsifarka

Quake best for singleplayer, Quake 3 best for multiplayer. Simple as.
  11. Parsifarka

As Nutmeg said, fbneo is all you need for NeoGeo and CPS, no reason to play any port of those games. When it comes to SEGA, as far as I know the only emulator currently running Model 1 (VF1) and STV (VF1Remix) is MAME, but the emulation quality is horrible: you get a warning about it still being...
  12. Parsifarka

I can't say for sure: I only played it briefly and regarded it is as a downgrade starting with the visuals and the very menu design, while the control scheme changed drastically into a command system I don't recall the particulars of but found cumbersome and left me confused (even checking the...
  13. Parsifarka

Absolutely, and a remarkable one. Very much worth checking out, the high lethality and commitment to the attacks turn out a unique experience, plus it boasts a peculiar setting with samurai but an uncertain level of technology and a desolate vibe that makes it intriguing. Also, I forgot to...
  14. Parsifarka

This is a scientifically accurate statement. Every interview I've seen with Aoki has been about how surprised SEGA was with the success of Ultimate Showdown's release. I bet the budget assigned to the project was meagre and by no means would have been sufficient to develop proper netcode; Aoki...
  15. Parsifarka

Thanks, I knew but it runs like crap on my laptop, to the point of not being actually playable. PS3 emulation of Final Showdown via RPCS3 does work like a charm though, but I thought the limited PS3 didn't do justice to the gorgeous visuals of the arcade machine (though it could be argued...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom