Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by OwNathan

1. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

The overall looks are getting improved and are already a little better compared to the trailer, but they'll still have this cartoon style. Only some minor tunings are possible on the player side, like removing the outline.
  2. Game News Dustgrave is an upcoming turn-based sandbox RPG from the creators of ICY

The most advanced you will ever see, so advanced you will want us to use that single word even more times. This trailer is based on older content and has been done by non-professionals. We now have a PR company who will take care of that. We are now studying the best way to convey how the...
  3. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

We may have nomad horse archers. Without horses, since we can't have them in combat. So nomad archers wishing they had horses.
  4. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

I believe you fail to grasp how advanced the game truly is. I feel like I should add more "advanced".
  5. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

There is no procedural generation, but some details are generated when starting a new game, based on models made for characters, places, and stuff like that. Levels like settlements or dangerous locations are handmade and unique, but some of their content can change in different games. Quests...
  6. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

If you are referring to us, maybe. But I can assure you all created characters have the standard number of chromosomes.
  7. Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

Thank you Infinitron for posting about the game! As the Steam page says, we are working on an overly ambitious title and we are desperately trying to deliver everything that has been promised. Will we underdeliver compared to our initial expectations? Definitely. Will it still be good and...
  8. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

Yep, with the first ICY we were drastically limited by our lack of experience and the small budget. This frostbite edition was recoded from scratch, but we had even less money to do a proper job, so we focused on creating more gameplay like a decent crafting system and an actual combat system...
  9. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

I'm glad to hear it! ICY was our first fully delivered game and we were quite unexperienced, but it's nice to see that many people saw some potential and quality in it. While we are now developing a tycoon game, our intention is to go back to RPGs sooner or later, being the genre our favorite...
  10. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

That and the fact that tycoon games sort of need bland names, it is helpful for small companies to let people immediately identify what's the game about. Buzzwords like Tycoon and Simulator can get sales on their own.
  11. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

Yup, our new project. While it will come out in Early Access we're quite happy with it, the system is very deep and there are dozens of XMLs full of shit that interact with other shit. While stuff like the emergent narrative is still quite simple right now, we plan to radically expand it in the...
  12. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

A blatant lie and I have proof!
  13. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

(Not so) Fun Fact: my sicilian partner was afraid that they were going to break our legs because he lived most of his life in sicily. In realtà era un'idea nostra. Peccato solo sia stato recepito come il simulatore di buonista e non come una sorta di documentario. Diciamo poi il mercato non era...
  14. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

IT: Non riciclo di denaro, semplici tentativi di prendere con la nostra azienda, che aveva i requisiti, bandi europei di vario genere per cifre che andavano oltre il milione, per poi girarli a loro altre aziende. Non solo è truffa aggravata ai danni dello stato (10 anni di galera o qualcosa del...
  15. KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

I know, but sadly the budget was EXTREMELY limited. We spent 36k euros on the first ICY, while we recreated from zero this Frostbite Edition with only 4k euros, thanks to the good soul of a couple people. Because of the imminent loan we were also on an extremely tight schedule, despite that we...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom