Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by octavius

1. octavius

Wizardry 6--When to change classes?

There is a Run command?
  2. octavius

I found that it's not that important in Wiz 6, but in Wiz7 it's almost mandatory to switch classes to get useful spells ASAP. In Wiz6 you can spend your skills points freely, but in Wiz7 you have different pools of skill points, so you are forced to waste points on weapons skills that increase...
  3. octavius

Yeah, Valks and Monks can use spears and staffs to attack from the rear. So you have some flexibility.
  4. octavius

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

I have. IIRC it was an OK adventure, but your party and/or parties your met were pretentious wankers that spoke lots of Elvish. Like English speaking pretentious wankers used to throw in lots of French.
  5. octavius

Games you've changed your mind about

No specific games I can think of, but the more I read actual books and short stories the less interested I am in games with story elements and NPC interaction, and the more I'm leaning towards TB Blobbers and Strategy, ARPGs, and even rogue-likes have been tempting me lately. For example I...
  6. octavius

The Wizardry series and its Japanese spinoffs

Sure, Brucey baby.
  7. octavius

The Wizardry series and its Japanese spinoffs

I take it you haven't played Wizardry Chronicle?
  8. octavius

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Dual wielding is cool.
  9. octavius

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Light sabres are better weapons than heavy sabres.
  10. octavius

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

I think you're too harsh on Curse. I'm probably gonna replay it this year, but first I'll read the novel.
  11. octavius

The Entire History of RPG's

you make the definite history of CRPGs video?
  12. octavius

How the illusion and myth of Todd Howard as a good game designer came to be - Todd's Bethesda has never been a quality developer

Bethesda is still the only company making big, open world SP CRPGs, aren't they? With no competition, Todd and his toddlers don't need to be good designers.
  13. octavius

Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible

I played lots of them. Too many, since I "overdosed" and went cold turkey. Most of the module makers are/were more interested in telling a story than in providing tactical challenges. Ray Dyer's conversions of the pen&paper modules felt too faithful, with too much boring room descriptions...
  14. octavius

Really Obscure RPGs

Don't be a duck tease. How was it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom