Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by octavius

1. octavius

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Light sabres are better weapons than heavy sabres.
  2. octavius

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

I think you're too harsh on Curse. I'm probably gonna replay it this year, but first I'll read the novel.
  3. octavius

The Entire History of RPG's

you make the definite history of CRPGs video?
  4. octavius

How the illusion and myth of Todd Howard as a good game designer came to be - Todd's Bethesda has never been a quality developer

Bethesda is still the only company making big, open world SP CRPGs, aren't they? With no competition, Todd and his toddlers don't need to be good designers.
  5. octavius

Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible

I played lots of them. Too many, since I "overdosed" and went cold turkey. Most of the module makers are/were more interested in telling a story than in providing tactical challenges. Ray Dyer's conversions of the pen&paper modules felt too faithful, with too much boring room descriptions...
  6. octavius

Really Obscure RPGs

Don't be a duck tease. How was it?
  7. octavius

Really Obscure RPGs

Is that a hobbit or a (barbarian?) toddler you control?
  8. octavius

What game are you wasting time on?

So that's where Rusty ended up. Looks like his new forum is reasonably successful.
  9. octavius

What game are you wasting time on?

Still playing Diablo 2 (13c), trying several new (to me) builds. The first one to retire was the Wind Druid. I found him just too frustrating to play with Twister being too weak, Tornado being far too random, and the lvl 30 skill Hurricane is apparantly a crap skill. So with Tornado being the...
  10. octavius

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

YouTubers are usually in constant Cheat Mode. Once in a thousand times you'll see a YouTuber doing something clever instead of brute forcing or cheating.
  11. octavius

Your favourite games from the dark age of pure shit (2005 - 2009)

2006 was the last year I bought a new game. Oblivion can be good with the right mods. Dark Messiah of Might&Magic was a very good action RPG despite ultra cliche story and voice acting. Heroes of Might&Magic 5 was quite good, with a new and fresh skill system, albeit somewhat buggy.
  12. octavius

Why not create a "Codex Top X Modded RPGs"?

But if mods can improve it so that it becomes a good game, then the mediocre game has its merits.
  13. octavius

Your favorite strategy games.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic Age of Wonders Master of Orion Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Hidden gems: Lords of Midnight Doomdark's Revenge
  14. octavius

Coolest RPG Archetype

Diminutive backstabber with a glint in his eye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom