Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Nyast

1. Nyast

Anvil of Dawn- any good?

Finished the game just now. It grew on me. The flaws I described previously are still there, but the level design gets much better in later areas. Special mention to the Iron giant, which had a ton of very nice puzzles ( and pretty creative, including one covering 3 floors.. you know what I'm...
  2. Nyast

Anvil of Dawn- any good?

Dark Lantern was the best level for me so far. It is more compact and has a higher density of stuff than what I've seen in the other levels. Gryphon Keep was the hunt for keys, and mostly a tutorial level. It started to get repetitive towards the end but I didn't mind it. Underground city was...
  3. Nyast

Anvil of Dawn- any good?

Bought the game on GoG recently and decided to give it a try after reading this thread. I hadn't played back in the days but it's better late than never. I'm about 10-15 hours in and slightly confused by the size of the game. Online reports say it's about 25 hours long ? I've now reached the...
  4. Nyast

KickStarter Monomyth - A first person action RPG/dungeon crawler - now in Beta

I presume that he/his accountant is already doing that. Here in Belgium I can deduct half of my energy (gaz/electricity/water) (half: because I'm working from home. If I had a separate office it'd be 100%), internet, all hardware/pc costs (even video games or paper magazines), office tools...
  5. Nyast

Kickstarter is, has always been, and should always be, considered as a donation. You're not pre-ordering a game, you're giving money to a developer to help him realize his dream. If you're not convinced by his abilities or the potential of his project, nobody forces you to pledge. It's not a...
  6. Nyast

The rat is the one giving you multiple hints as to where to dig :)
  7. Nyast

Shame that the most interesting stretch goals are at higher levels. I'm looking forward to the new zone and the expanded faction gameplay. Language support is a must IMO, even if you don't reach that stretch goal, because it can massively affect your sales. The soundtrack, the arena or the...
  8. Nyast

Quoting myself with more feedback. First of all, the crashes that I got seemed related to the SteamVR plugin. The updated demo removed the plugin.. and I haven't got any crashes in an hour of play ( I had one every 5 minutes before ). About the ladders, I think I understand the issue (bug?)...
  9. Nyast

Demo feedback: - issue #1 are the crashes. Unlike the last tech demo which was rock solid, this demo crashes all the time. Like, every 5 minutes. Only reason I didn't give up is that it seems to automatically save progress upon crashing (a really good idea!), but it's still very annoying. -...
  10. Nyast

The demo crashed on me after just 10 minutes. Is there a crash log or anything I can send you, Rattower ?
  11. Nyast

Quick question to Rattower: is a VR version planned ? For some reason the standalone demo is launching SteamVR ( and also switching sound fx to my VR headset, which is quite annoying ). Killing / shutting down SteamVR also exits the demo.
  12. Nyast

How different is the demo map compared to last year's tech demo's ?
  13. Nyast

Game News Monomyth coming to Kickstarter on July 27th

This will be the first game I support in KS since.. 2015 iirc.
  14. Nyast

Rift / Vive / VR General

There's never direct sunlight anywhere close to the field of view of the headset, even during mid day. It is farily well lit, but always indirectly lit. During the night, the lighting is relatively dim ( 3 bulb LEDs ), but not dark either. I think I have pretty much the perfect lighting...
  15. Nyast

Rift / Vive / VR General

Head tracking is perfect. Controllers are pretty good assuming you're playing a game where your hands will mostly stay in the field-of-view of the tracker cameras ( there are 4 on the headset ). This becomes an issue in games where you make ample movements, typically the ones where you have to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom