Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by not an artichoke

1. not an artichoke

Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

Great videos! One thing, Fjord Fox... I haven't played this iteration of CC in years, and it may not work as well in game as in reality, but mortars dropping walls of smoke *SHOULD* make rapid "suicidal" assaults on things like bridges possible and far less costly. When the AI doesn't deploy...
  2. not an artichoke

Hearts of Iron IV - The Ultimate WWII Strategy Game

I noticed this as well. The actual Burgundy mechanic seems rather un-fun itself actually - far too fiddly - but the country itself is a meme gold mine. I definitely plan on dropping a STRENG GEHEIM on my Austrian co-worker when the time is right.
  3. not an artichoke

I keep hearing about Omsk and how bleak it is. Time to give it a whirl.
  4. not an artichoke

TNO has all sorts of rough edges, but this is the most fun I've had with HOI4. Yes, the UI makes your eyes bleed and is in places not very intuitive. Makes info harder to find & process. But I agree with Vaarna that effort counts, and hopefully they'll continue to tweak it. Y'all already...
  5. not an artichoke

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

It's not the alien turn bug. As soon as I load into the battle and start to pan around, the screen freezes. I can move the cursor and click UI items and move soldiers - which respond with sound, but I can't see anything happening.
  6. not an artichoke

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Malk - Paragraphs, man. Please. I was enjoying this game until I tried to attack my first lair. Game bugged out and the only way to recover was to alt+tab out and force close it. Same every time I attack it. I guess I could go back and just ignore that lair but it's killing my will to play...
  7. not an artichoke

KickStarter Terra Invicta - sci-fi grand strategy from Long War mod creators - now available on Early Access

Disagree. Exploring "what if" scenarios in a plausible setting makes the game more interesting. Over the top comic book silliness is for kids.
  8. not an artichoke

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Well... one really big fluffy bunny.
  9. not an artichoke

4evr

4evr
  10. not an artichoke

Total War: Three Kingdoms - the next major historical Total War title set in ancient China

There's a mod to fix this. It makes it so that defending your vassal counts as the attacking player breaking the NAP instead. Don't leave home without it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790884130
  11. not an artichoke

Fluent Plays Elder Scrolls Online

I'm glad you're having fun, but you're... not very good at this.
  12. not an artichoke

Sword of Aragon

Let us know how it plays.
  13. not an artichoke

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

There haven't been difficulty levels in PoE for a long time. Try playing the game and see how you like it. (Yes, the campaign is relatively easy if you know what you're doing, don't have a shitty build and cap resists. But levels 1-70 aren't supposed to challenge veteran players.)
  14. not an artichoke

I hear you, Awesomebutton. I played that way for a long time, but the game isn't really designed for you to clear every area. The real question is how you want to spend your play time. If you enjoy clearing every area, by all means do so. Just be aware that this isn't "optimal play" if you're...
  15. not an artichoke

It's fun reading your reports playing through for the first time. I've been playing PoE for years and have run through the storyline so many times I don't even think about stuff like that any more. But you're right; it is well done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom