Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by NecrosD

1. Xeen: Fucking diamond golems!

^ With Level up books or items I recommend not using them straight away because later on in the game leveling up becomes a lot more expensive you'll have tones of EXP but probably not enough money to level up your characters so the trick is to to leave those till later on then go back and use...
  2. Help! What should I play next?

If you don't want to play Arcanum well fair enough but I'd say you'd definitely be missing out. However you definitely need to check out both JA2 and Bak; just depends on what you want to play now a great storyfag game with probably the best combat system out of all storyfag RPGs or the best...
  3. The Aethra Chronicles

I'd say create an Ashikari, a Sorceror or Mentalist (Dominate and Mass Dominate are great spells to have in this game) and a Cleric. Then pick up a Thief and a Paladin; make sure to max out the Thief Deadly strike ability it's great on higher levels and can one hit a lot of enemies so you'll be...
  4. Graphics Issues

I got to the sewers they're not that bad - managed to kick the Maleficanums arse. Loving the game so far and definitely gonna have to replay it after I finish just so I can go down the evil path. *Warning Spoilers Below* I just want to...
  5. Graphics Issues

Hah I updated my graphics card driver and now it works - figures it'd be something counter intuitive since this is an older game. Maybe praying at the altar of MCA first helped
  6. Graphics Issues

Yeah I'm not sure what it is I've got directx9.0c installed so not sure if it's directx and I'm using XP. I've attached a screenshot so you have a better idea of what I'm talking about.
  7. Graphics Issues

Hey guys just thought I'd ask here ask since can't find any info on this anywhere else but I'm having issues getting the game to work properly since all buildings/walls etc end up invisible with only the UI and the characters along with NPCs and some objects visible - doors and usable objects...
  8. KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Would back this in a heartbeat. KoTC was easily the best game released in fucking ages. Also graphics were fine, people bitching and not playing this because they're graphic whores need to man the fuck up and play this. Great game solid and easy to navigate interface with all the information you...
  9. Codex Interview RPG Codex Retrospective Interview: Guido Henkel on Realms of Arkania

BoD isn't really all that tough - I played the English version and I made sure only to save in Temples only saved twice outside (once in the Ghost Ship, and another time in the Temple of the Nameless God) - just make sure you're well prepared when you decide to venture into a dungeon and you'll...
  10. Information Antharion, New Indie Turn-based RPG on Kickstarter

You guys should definitely try again with this I'd donate a 100 to this but I'll be low on funds until next week when I get paid, so I won't be able to donate much till then - and by then it'll be too late. Hopefully you guys aren't too phased by this though and continue on the project it...
  11. Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

Have only played and finished Cloudside from World Of Xeen so far and I have to say it was a fun game though slightly too easy, though it could be because I did part of Darkside as well. Have to say loved the exploration in the game - loved just exploring the world and completing the various...
  12. Development Info Guido Henkel returns to cRPGs with Thorvalla?

Damn if this is ends up been as good as it could be it definitely will be my most awaited for title especially if they merge the best elements of RoA/BaK - only issue I'm seeing so far is in respect to not like dice roll mechanics since makes it look like it may not have turn based combat...
  13. Information You Will Believe A Golden Baby Has Flown Before: Stones of Arnhem relics up for auction on eBay

Even if this guy is faking it which it does not seem at all like he is - I'm in this guy deserves money just for all the effort he'd have gone through.
  14. Let's stumble through tunnels and on trolls! [Tunnels & Trolls: Crusaders of Khazan LP]

Nice LP so far; finished this a while back great fun game; loved all the random stuff you could find by travelling around the world map, made the world feel alive. Also those whining for Bee to finish this LP seriously should just go play it they won't be disappointed unless they're newfags who...
  15. Interview Chaos Chronicles Interview @ Gamers.de

Seriously this is slowly becoming my most anticipated game so far they're ticking all the boxes compared to some of the other projects announced can't wait for it so long as they stick to what they say they're doing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom